Harley Davidson F150 confirmed for 2019 - HD LiveWire Forum

post #1 of 15 Old 02-07-2019, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Harley Davidson F150 confirmed for 2019

Although HD and Ford ended this partnership a few years back, huge interest in a concept model that appeared at a 115 year anniversary celebration has brought the two manufacturers back together. The new truck will debut at the 2019 Chicago Auto Show and will go on sale directly through Ford dealerships. Pricing starts from $84,995 before options... https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2...ago-auto-show/
post #2 of 15 Old 02-08-2019, 09:04 AM

That is an absurd starting price for a pickup with no options. I get that its a collectors piece, but is the bespoke badging and trimming really worth that?
post #3 of 15 Old 02-09-2019, 11:48 AM

Resale value on these trucks has been really high on older models, so people are still looking for them. At least sales of these trucks will bring some extra cash flow to HD. This partnership paid off for them in years prior.

post #4 of 15 Old 02-12-2019, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
It will be more beneficial to Harley than Ford as they have had no issues moving F150's over the past few years. I know they are also currently developing an electric variant of some kind.
post #5 of 15 Old 02-12-2019, 09:20 PM
eHD

I was hoping this would die off with the old stock Harley demographic leaving the game.
Ford should focus more on Ford specific packages instead.
post #6 of 15 Old 02-13-2019, 09:05 AM

An electric F150 is going to have a really tough time with some of the new contenders that I've been seeing. While they are relatively new companies both Rivian and Atlis have some incredible EV concept trucks.
post #7 of 15 Old 02-13-2019, 04:06 PM
eHD

I heard that GM already worked in carbon fiber body parts which is a big move for such a heavy segment.
Ford doesn't seem interested in that route to improve pickups.
post #8 of 15 Old 02-15-2019, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Just wanted to note that these new HD F150's are not being upgraded directly from Ford. It will be Tuscany Motor Co that's based in Indiana that will be responsible for building these new officially licensed models. There are more than 70 new proprietary parts on this truck.
post #9 of 15 Old 02-20-2019, 03:12 PM
eHD

crazy to see how far customized pick ups have come over the years
I remember when it was only dealers doing these upgrades till it got picked up by the manufacture
post #10 of 15 Old 02-21-2019, 10:02 AM

More and more automakers are beginning to directly offer in-house tuning packages for their vehicles, still covered under a factory warranty. They've come to realize the kind of revenue they are missing out on, and it gives new owners a piece of mind that they wont have to worry about repairs or issues out of pocket.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HD LiveWire Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page