First look at near production version - HD LiveWire Forum

post #1 of 14 Old 09-28-2018, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
First look at near production version

Harley Davidson recently gave the media a first look at the almost production version of the upcoming Livewire. It looks like there have been a bunch of changes since the early concepts that we last saw. I think it looks fantastic and would be more than happy if this is what comes to market. They didn't mention any specifics in terms of performance, but they did announce that up to five more EV's will launch by 2022.
post #2 of 14 Old 10-02-2018, 03:09 PM
eHD

I know the original version weighed in close to 500LBS and I always thought they could have done better considering other innovations that could be included.
In a straight line that weight won't matter so much but throwing it around, you will feel it. Did they mention any changes to weight??
post #3 of 14 Old 10-03-2018, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Harley Davidson remains very tight lipped around the performance specs of the Livewire, because I don't think they want to outline any figures that they wont be able to deliver on. I don't think there will be any handling issues as a result of weight, so long as they keep it as low on the bike as possible.

post #4 of 14 Old 10-04-2018, 06:29 PM
eHD

if it ends up being one of the only downsides then owners will easily over look it and often motorcycle buyers are more knowledgeable on what they're buying.

I bet if HD was targeting a lower segment an electric bike wouldn't be an easy sell.
post #5 of 14 Old 10-05-2018, 11:02 AM

Love how its currently looking in its development stage, great job finding these pictures. This is a big step forward for the brand in terms of design and I think realistically the most we can hope for in terms of range is around 100 miles.
post #6 of 14 Old 10-10-2018, 05:40 PM
eHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
Love how its currently looking in its development stage, great job finding these pictures. This is a big step forward for the brand in terms of design and I think realistically the most we can hope for in terms of range is around 100 miles.
I still think they could have done more to give it more premium edge, like giving us a single side swing arm and other features you see from brands like Ducati.
post #7 of 14 Old 10-12-2018, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
This is a brand new platform and we have no idea what limitations there might be on something that has electric propulsion. Single sided swing arms are also typically heavier, and that's not something the Livewire can afford at this point.
post #8 of 14 Old 10-30-2018, 07:30 PM
eHD

Well lucky for Harley, this all new Livewire is a middle weight bike and the middle weight segments have been the most lucrative and will continue to be.
Bike makers are continuing to push hard, to a point some might say they're flooding the market, that should give Harley more reasons to offer more here.
post #9 of 14 Old 11-02-2018, 11:00 AM

They need to prioritize nailing down the powertrain before they can start to look at playing around with the suspension set up. Down the line it would be great if they could find a way to recuperate some energy from it.
post #10 of 14 Old 11-14-2018, 12:39 PM
eHD

Happy to have found some official photos of the Livewire right from Harley and not just from journalists, have a look:

[imghttps://images.carscoops.com/2018/11/d773b26b-harley-davidson-livewire-30-300x163.jpg][/img]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HD LiveWire Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page