Livewire Forums banner

Heres what the production Livewire sounds like

3K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  eHD 
#1 ·
Harley has already given us a preview of what the Livewire is going to look like when production begins, but they now dropped a video teaser. First reports were that it would sound something like a jet engine under heavy acceleration, but things seem to have been toned down a bit. While it was never going to sound like a Harley, I do wonder how open riders will be to the Jetsons like whine. https://youtu.be/KeBkakN8TKM

#2 ·
Purists aren't likely going to be impressed by it, but I think this kind of revolution is exactly what HD needs. I've never really believed that loud exhausts provide much an improvement to safety, so I think that argument is a waste of time. Welcome to the 21st century HD.

#3 ·
Just from the comments on the video alone, you can see how many loyalists take issue with the lack of exhaust note. I just don't know what they expect, as Harleys traditional models just aren't hitting the numbers they used to. You can bet we will see some aftermarket sound generators.

#4 ·
The traditional Harley crowd as we've known it are well into their 50's and 60's. The new generation of Harley riders are 25-40 that bring a completely different mindset. Not to mention all the other markets Harley can get into. There will be no shortage of Livewire buyers.

#7 ·
Riders that prefer traditional bikes have a lot of options anyways. The used market is flush with bikes and parts that will hold up for another solid 15-20 years.
As demographics change so do brands like Harley, catering to millennial buyers are priority #1 and they don't care about V-Twins ;)

#12 ·
I've seen sound generators for Tesla's that allow you to simulate different exhaust notes. I believe the reason why the Livewire sounds the way it does, is because Harley recognized there may be some safety implications from a bike that runs completely silent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.