Livewire Forums banner

HD updates Livewire range, speed and charge time

5K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Ironhead Josh 
#1 ·
Harley Davidson has revealed the official specs of the Livewire at the Geneva Motor Show. The official production range is now slightly higher than the original 110 mile estimate, with the company stating it can do up to 140 miles in and urban environment. 3.0 second 0-60 sprint and just 1.9 to accelerate from 60 to 80mph. Charging time is now 40 minutes from 0-80%. https://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/2019-harley-davidson-livewire-electric-motorcycle/

#5 ·
HD screwed the pooch by not having a real Level 2 charging method. Sure, you can plug into Level 2 chargers, but it only charges at the Level 1 rate. Where I'm from, over 90% of the available chargers are Level 2. That's a huge mistake on HD's part. Why would they do that?

#7 ·
Might be safe to say HD could have launched a 'flagship' electric bike around the $50k range or something cheaper and not as fun. So here we have what's the perfect medium to test to the market. IMO it meets the perfect medium of that and other areas to factor when building out a new era of bikes.

#9 ·
The spec sheet is underwhelming to say the least, but the overall fit and finish of the bike seems to deliver on expectations. Real world numbers are going to be much different that these estimations however, which will limit its appeal even further.

#14 ·
As someone who works on the Livewire, has been to factory training for Livewire. I can tell you that the limitations that come with this motorcycle, are directly a consequence of how much space youre limited to by a motorcycle. I.E. Charge times/capabilities, mileage, battery life. All of these things will only get better as technology improves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.