LiveWire at Comic Con - HD LiveWire Forum
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 07-28-2014, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 171
(Thread Starter)
LiveWire at Comic Con

What is quickly becoming an industry trend, Harley showed off the LiveWire at Comic Con in San Diego in complete Avengers garb...








Junko is offline  
post #2 of 10 Old 07-28-2014, 01:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 102
Not sure if I want the bike more, or the Captain America shield. It would make a really good wall hanging, or safety device.
Hawkman is offline  
post #3 of 10 Old 07-29-2014, 12:06 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 76
Comic Con has exploded in size over the past while. It now encompasses so much more than just comics. Basically companies realize how big the culture is and are looking for any way they can to get their products in there.

Instead of just putting it on display, they should let people with motorcycle licenses actually ride the Livewire.
Yusef is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 Old 07-30-2014, 04:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 233
It's basically a lifestyle for many, and a lot of products to be pushed which leads to brands like harley stepping in to sneak in the Livewire. Product placement galore.



L!VE is offline  
post #5 of 10 Old 07-30-2014, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 171
(Thread Starter)
the Livewire is not there for the diehard lifestyle people. Its there for the casual fans, Comic-con has become much less stigmatized lately, especially with the popularity of shows like Big Bang, its all been glorified.

Livewire is there for those people, not the guys playing dungeons and dragons still at 28...



Junko is offline  
post #6 of 10 Old 07-31-2014, 12:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junko View Post
the Livewire is not there for the diehard lifestyle people. Its there for the casual fans, Comic-con has become much less stigmatized lately, especially with the popularity of shows like Big Bang, its all been glorified.

Livewire is there for those people, not the guys playing dungeons and dragons still at 28...
And what's wrong with playing D&D at 28?

I don't see why you think that people who are more "geeky" aren't interested in motorcycles. Sure, part of the reason why HD is there is because there is a wider audience than ever before at these events, but i don't think they are dismissing the people who are at the heart of comic-con culture.

I taste a touch of disdain for dungeons and dragons players in your writing.

Hawkman is offline  
post #7 of 10 Old 07-31-2014, 01:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junko View Post
the Livewire is not there for the diehard lifestyle people. Its there for the casual fans, Comic-con has become much less stigmatized lately, especially with the popularity of shows like Big Bang, its all been glorified.

Livewire is there for those people, not the guys playing dungeons and dragons still at 28...
why isn't it for diehard lifestyle people



L!VE is offline  
post #8 of 10 Old 08-01-2014, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 171
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
And what's wrong with playing D&D at 28?

I don't see why you think that people who are more "geeky" aren't interested in motorcycles. Sure, part of the reason why HD is there is because there is a wider audience than ever before at these events, but i don't think they are dismissing the people who are at the heart of comic-con culture.

I taste a touch of disdain for dungeons and dragons players in your writing.

Nothing is wrong with it, I never said there was a problem just that they are much less likely to ride motorcycles. From my experience the interest is not there. One of my co-workers is quite into playing magic cards, he has no care for motorcycles.



Junko is offline  
post #9 of 10 Old 08-02-2014, 03:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junko View Post
Nothing is wrong with it, I never said there was a problem just that they are much less likely to ride motorcycles. From my experience the interest is not there. One of my co-workers is quite into playing magic cards, he has no care for motorcycles.
Ok maybe you're right that they don't cross over much but perhaps soon the tides will change considering harleys attempt to bring the product to that community.

Guess its hard to play magic cards on the back of a motorcycle...
Hawkman is offline  
post #10 of 10 Old 08-16-2014, 04:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 233
still can't get over the shield on the front of the avengers street, if that's something i actually go for on my own livewire... don't judge me



L!VE is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HD LiveWire Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome