LiveWire at Comic Con - HD LiveWire Forum

post #1 of 10 Old 07-28-2014, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
LiveWire at Comic Con

What is quickly becoming an industry trend, Harley showed off the LiveWire at Comic Con in San Diego in complete Avengers garb...

post #2 of 10 Old 07-28-2014, 01:05 PM

Not sure if I want the bike more, or the Captain America shield. It would make a really good wall hanging, or safety device.
post #3 of 10 Old 07-29-2014, 12:06 PM

Comic Con has exploded in size over the past while. It now encompasses so much more than just comics. Basically companies realize how big the culture is and are looking for any way they can to get their products in there.

Instead of just putting it on display, they should let people with motorcycle licenses actually ride the Livewire.

post #4 of 10 Old 07-30-2014, 04:53 PM

It's basically a lifestyle for many, and a lot of products to be pushed which leads to brands like harley stepping in to sneak in the Livewire. Product placement galore.

post #5 of 10 Old 07-30-2014, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
the Livewire is not there for the diehard lifestyle people. Its there for the casual fans, Comic-con has become much less stigmatized lately, especially with the popularity of shows like Big Bang, its all been glorified.

Livewire is there for those people, not the guys playing dungeons and dragons still at 28...

post #6 of 10 Old 07-31-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junko View Post
the Livewire is not there for the diehard lifestyle people. Its there for the casual fans, Comic-con has become much less stigmatized lately, especially with the popularity of shows like Big Bang, its all been glorified.

Livewire is there for those people, not the guys playing dungeons and dragons still at 28...
And what's wrong with playing D&D at 28?

I don't see why you think that people who are more "geeky" aren't interested in motorcycles. Sure, part of the reason why HD is there is because there is a wider audience than ever before at these events, but i don't think they are dismissing the people who are at the heart of comic-con culture.

I taste a touch of disdain for dungeons and dragons players in your writing.

post #7 of 10 Old 07-31-2014, 01:34 PM

Quote:

why isn't it for diehard lifestyle people

post #8 of 10 Old 08-01-2014, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
And what's wrong with playing D&D at 28?

I don't see why you think that people who are more "geeky" aren't interested in motorcycles. Sure, part of the reason why HD is there is because there is a wider audience than ever before at these events, but i don't think they are dismissing the people who are at the heart of comic-con culture.

I taste a touch of disdain for dungeons and dragons players in your writing.

Nothing is wrong with it, I never said there was a problem just that they are much less likely to ride motorcycles. From my experience the interest is not there. One of my co-workers is quite into playing magic cards, he has no care for motorcycles.

post #9 of 10 Old 08-02-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Nothing is wrong with it, I never said there was a problem just that they are much less likely to ride motorcycles. From my experience the interest is not there. One of my co-workers is quite into playing magic cards, he has no care for motorcycles.
Ok maybe you're right that they don't cross over much but perhaps soon the tides will change considering harleys attempt to bring the product to that community.

Guess its hard to play magic cards on the back of a motorcycle...
post #10 of 10 Old 08-16-2014, 04:18 PM

still can't get over the shield on the front of the avengers street, if that's something i actually go for on my own livewire... don't judge me

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HD LiveWire Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page