Canadian looking for an electric bike - HD LiveWire Forum
 2Likes

post #1 of 23 Old 06-19-2014, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Canadian looking for an electric bike

I've been looking around for an electric motorcycle but there really haven't been that many interesting options that I've found so far. The Livewire is pretty cool looking though, and its a Harley!

I hope they bring this test ride tour to Canda so that I can test it out and see the Livewire in person.
post #2 of 23 Old 06-20-2014, 10:24 AM

What are you looking for in an electric bike?
Are you only interested in an electric cruiser or would you ever consider going for an electric sport bike?

Welcome!

post #3 of 23 Old 06-20-2014, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
TBH there aren't too many options out there right now so I am just exploring what is out there regardless of style. As long as its comfortable and has a good range I'll be happy with it. I don't think there are enough options yet to be picky about style of motorcycle.

post #4 of 23 Old 06-21-2014, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
I've been looking around for an electric motorcycle [...] I hope they bring this test ride tour to Canda so that I can test it out and see the Livewire in person.

Hi Hawkman, where have you looked so far, and what do you find interesting? Zero Motorcycles has electric motorcycles you can by right now instead of waiting for Harley's prototype to become a real product. They have dealers in Canada that you can find at http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/locator/. Lito Green Motion has just released their Sora model and is headquartered in Quebec: http://www.litogreenmotion.com/find-dealer#/dealers.

--
2012 Current Motor Super Scooter
2007 Suzuki Boulevard C50T
post #5 of 23 Old 06-21-2014, 12:57 PM

I've heard of Zero motorcycles before. They seem to be pretty good at what they do. Unless you really really want a Harley, Zero probably gives you ample choices.
post #6 of 23 Old 06-21-2014, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I did know about some of the other brands of electric bikes but I am going to need to save up some money anyhow before I can actually purchase something, and I really like Harley, so I figured that I might wait for this. Either way I'm probably not looking to buy until sometime next year.
post #7 of 23 Old 06-23-2014, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
I did know about some of the other brands of electric bikes but I am going to need to save up some money anyhow before I can actually purchase something, and I really like Harley, so I figured that I might wait for this. Either way I'm probably not looking to buy until sometime next year.
How far out from now are you looking to buy one?

post #8 of 23 Old 07-05-2014, 11:35 PM

welcome!
post #9 of 23 Old 07-13-2014, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by L!VE View Post
How far out from now are you looking to buy one?
I'm thinking sometime early next spring. That way I can save up some money and I'll have it around just in time for next year's riding season.
post #10 of 23 Old 07-20-2014, 01:04 PM

can guarantee you wont be riding a harley then, unless you go for gasoline.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HD LiveWire Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page