Livewire set to hit dealers this August - HD LiveWire Forum

post #1 of 14 Old 02-01-2019, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Livewire set to hit dealers this August

I'm not sure if we touched on this before, but the Livewire will be available to purchase from dealerships beginning in August. Assuming that its a limited production bike, it would be best to place a pre order/deposit sooner rather than later if you plan on getting in on the action early. https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/harle...-release-info/
post #2 of 14 Old 02-01-2019, 06:35 PM
eHD

Being a $30k bike I can tell you right now that it will be marked up. The buyer demographic is very specific and dealers know how to play the game.
post #3 of 14 Old 02-04-2019, 09:17 AM

Dealer markups are only going to further push people to competing models, but that's the reality of a limited production product. HD would be wise to also consider some sort of incentives/rebates for those trading in a current Harley towards the Livewire.

post #4 of 14 Old 02-06-2019, 09:13 AM

Not to mention the additional delivery charges and taxes on top of the MSRP. Does anyone know where the Livewire is being manufactured? Are we also going to have to worry about tariffs and duties?
post #5 of 14 Old 02-07-2019, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I know that they opened a new manufacturing facility in Thailand, so that might be where most of their newer models are being made. Its really unfortunate that this American company has been forced to move overseas just to avoid all these new tariffs.
post #6 of 14 Old 02-12-2019, 09:30 AM

They are doing what it takes to survive and retain some profitability. You can bet that if it was cost effective for them to stay in NA that they would have chosen to do so.
post #7 of 14 Old 02-12-2019, 08:51 PM
eHD

Asian markets have more money and the old stock Harley consumers are retiring.
post #8 of 14 Old 02-19-2019, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
The economics of scale should mean that Harley should be able to bring an electric bike to market for less than their smaller rivals like Zero or Lightning. But they have already said that the Livewire wont be a mass market product, which makes it seem like they don't really know who their target audience is for this product. It should preview a new line of HD branded EV's.
post #9 of 14 Old 02-28-2019, 09:37 AM

If sales of the Livewire don't go as planned, I wonder if HD will continue to invest in electric platforms. It might make sense for them to transition to other segments of personal transportation, like we've seen with their concept scooters and e-bikes. New markets might be the best way for them to bring new buyers to the brand.
post #10 of 14 Old 03-01-2019, 02:50 PM
eHD

I see the Livewire as a way to test the markets in a way that will do little harm to Harley's stability as a company.
After seeing those early prototypes a few years ago that were put in the hands of the public, with positive feedback given and still happening to day, i feel Harley have few things to worry about.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HD LiveWire Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in