Livewire Forums banner

Delay in Shipments

5K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  BAD 
#1 ·
#2 ·
#4 · (Edited)
This from CEO Matt Levatich back in July:
“We made a deliberate decision to launch a halo product to demonstrate what’s possible in electric -- a no-excuses electric Harley-Davidson -- and we feel very good that we’ve done that,” Levatich said during an earnings call in July.
Wonder what kind of spin he'll put on this problem? A big help would be to lower base price 5K.

#8 ·
I can’t make this stuff up. The dealer emailed me today to tell me the are getting a yellow fuse Livewire tomorrow that if I wanted it I could have it or wait till late December for the Black I ordered in January. Sold units should be put ahead of floor or demo bikes imo.
Last Saturday I got a close look at a Zero sr/f premium. In my opinion without riding it It is a better bang for my hard earned buck. The salesman was great very knowledgeable and agreed to schedule a test ride. Tough decision at this point ,very aggravated at the moco tho.

#10 ·
Even if I stick to my Livewire order, Zero SFR/F is a better bike. More torque, fast charging option and better handling.

for sure, Zero have made good progress on the look side, but quality wize it is not yet on par with the Livewire.

I was considering buying a SFR/F with in mind the willingness to change a lot of things (with the 10.000€ sale price difference).
Unfortunately, ZERO will void warranty if anyone make any modification on their bike (wrong doing from the dealer will also put you in a same situation).
I'm a Buell guy more than a HD one..............and I'm afraid of being in a déja vu situation with the Livewire.
Time will tell but they are already so late.......

#14 ·
I'm an old Harley rider (minus the fat). I'm not planning any more Iron Butt rides in my lifetime so I traded in my 2016 CVO Road Glide for my Livewire. The Livewire is my 5th new Harley bought in 14 years and by far my favorite of the 5. My favorite before was my 09 Vrod Muscle.

Attachments

#16 ·
Haven’t been on here for awhile.
Yes I work at factory and build Livewire’s. We are working 9 hrs/day now and 6hrs. Saturday to get them out the back door. Where they go from there I can’t say.
I’m glad your being loyal to the brand. I really wanted to but I have my own set of reasons for canceling my order ,I don’t want to discuss.

#17 · (Edited)
In response to a letter sent by certified mail to my dealer, the answer today is that not one Livewire has been delivered so far to a customer in the whole Europe.
At the end of this week a certain number of Livewire will arrive in Holland (HD European HQ) but despite been number 6 on the French list, they can't tell me if mine is part of this batch.

Believe it or not, nobody is able to confirm us how many Livewire will be received!
If this is not a bunch of assholes then I don't know what it is.

#19 ·
At last I have placed an order for the brand new Energica Eva Ribelle to be delivered 1st week of March.
With a 21.5kWh battery pack, 107kW (145hp) and 159 ft lb of torque it outperforms the Livewire in any fields.
Fully loaded, Olhin’s front & rear suspension, key less, eated grip, carbon parts (battery cover, front and rear mudguards etc…)
Inboard AC charger level 2 & 3 is also part of the equipment.
32.000€ vs 34.000€ (basic price for the Livewire)
Energica is on the market of electric motorcycles since 2014 and will be suppling Moto E Ego bikes, racing before each Moto GP event in 2019.
And last but not least, Energica cares about customers.

PS. as usual with HD, don’t trust any of their words like 0 to 60 reached in 3s.
Think about it, A Zero SR/F with 140 ft lb (vs 86) and 64lb less weight is achieving 3.3s. I will not be surprised to hear that they don’t even get closed to 3.5s claimed 18 months ago.
........if the Livewire is not available on the market, who cares?

#23 · (Edited)
I did place a Livewire order a long time ago which I have not yet canceled.
Been fed up by HD wrong doing (not their dealers) I'm making a different decision for the better.
I guess this is only understandable by guys who were waiting to be delivered..........and probably won't before easter!
No offense

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.