Livewire Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Update...

Well, thanks to the wonderful HD company, my LW dealer is still awaiting delivery of the 12V circuitry that was deemed faulty by HD
I would be interested in the answer to Oldun's questions and would also ask, what after market accessories / wiring has been done to the machine?
... no mods, or after-market stuff done to the bike - at all ...

·
Registered
2020, Harley Davidson LiveWire
112 Posts
Update...

Well, thanks to the wonderful HD company, my LW dealer is still awaiting delivery of the 12V circuitry that was deemed faulty by HD

I've learned through all the things I've been doing to my ride, that I need to order the parts I need first and then go to the dealer.
I seem to get them a little faster or they don't sit without communication.

The last few times I've let the dealer handle ordering the parts needed to be swapped or whatever, it's either taken forever to get or it sits and I don't hear unless I call back.

Sadly, it's a combination of dealers that don't really want to work with this bike and distributers that are having challenges getting the new parts.
Since we're not a mainstream machine, they don't just have our parts sitting in a warehouse ready. I'm gathering some of these parts need to be ordered from the assembly line, fabrication shop or computer manufacturer and then shipped to HDMC's fulfillment and then the dealer. (like they are personal orders.)

At least when I order it (assuming my bikes not down)... I can still play with it, paint it, customize something, etc. until they are ready to install the part(s) needed.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I charged at home ( about 75% of time) and on Dealer's fast charger (remaining charges...) - as HD recommends. BUT this being said, it should have nothing to do with the 12V charging circuit failing (???).
thank you for the update and I hope your problems are getting sorted. I agree with you, it should have nothing to do with the 12 V circuit failing, unless there is a bleed over effect on to that circuit from the high DC charge. But I really don't have enough knowledge to say whether that is feasible or not.

·
Registered
2020 Livewire
16 Posts
Update...

Flokki,

I feel your pain! Dealer told me that my parts made it in today. They also told me that it would be done today, but I clearly don’t have it back yet! I am trying really hard not to be negative about this ordeal. I know it’s new tech and there are growing pains...but typically one expects extra service to accommodate said growing pains. HD just doesn’t seem to be able to do that right now. I’m really hoping that the new changes to the LW brand will help, but I’m afraid the opposite may be true.

Will update when I get “Lexie” back...

·
Registered
2020 Livewire
16 Posts
Any change of your status Flokki?

my parts came in, they installed them, and it’s still dead. Another week down the drain.
Dealer ordered (overnight) two more parts, one came in, the other didn’t. Now H-D says it’ll be the end of this week. It seems to me that either there are hundreds of us having the exact same issue or H-D isn’t really interested in getting the parts out in a timely manner.

As of this Friday, I’ll be a month (out of the three I have owned it) without my LW. To say I’m frustrated would be an understatement.

·
Registered
2020, Harley Davidson LiveWire
112 Posts
Any change of your status Flokki?

my parts came in, they installed them, and it’s still dead. Another week down the drain.
Dealer ordered (overnight) two more parts, one came in, the other didn’t. Now H-D says it’ll be the end of this week. It seems to me that either there are hundreds of us having the exact same issue or H-D isn’t really interested in getting the parts out in a timely manner.

As of this Friday, I’ll be a month (out of the three I have owned it) without my LW. To say I’m frustrated would be an understatement.
the most unfortunate thing about this is it's a common feature on EVs, even the cars work this way - so why is it so hard. There's plenty of examples to glean a proper build from.

They'll clearly need to get this figured out before the new LiveWire company can proceed.

·
Registered
Livewire
32 Posts
Update...

Hello Flokki, thanks if possible to share the parts references and names that HD will be replace to solve this default; I'Hope for you they will receive it in few days...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 · (Edited)
Update - and "end-of-story"...

I just picked put my LW from repair.
The whole 12V charging circuit was exchanged, + a new battery. The 3rd one in total. However the repair was not completed with the part that HD had promised to send since over a month. Instead they used the respective item from one of the (new) dealer-stock bikes. HD still has NOT not committed to a delivery date for the replacement.

My dealer eventually showed initiative in having the issue fixed, after me talking to the Sales Manager in person and further escalation up their management "flagpole".

This being said, I am still very mad with the HD Motor Company.
Buyers beware... this could happen to you with all sorts of original HD spares and replacement parts!

For now my LW runs again. At the moment it is "recovering from surgery" in the garage, sucking some 110V "juice".

- The End -

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Hello Flokki, thanks if possible to share the parts references and names that HD will be replace to solve this default; I'Hope for you they will receive it in few days...
Sorry, Eric
They shop did not provide me with a part number...
The item replaced is THE 12V charging circuit located under the "tank" cover, and another fresh battery.

·
Registered
2020 Livewire
16 Posts
Update - and "end-of-story"...

I just picked put my LW from repair.
The whole 12V charging circuit was exchanged, + a new battery. The 3rd one in total. However the repair was not completed with the part that HD had promised to send since over a month. Instead they used the respective item from one of the (new) dealer-stock bikes. HD still has NOT not committed to a delivery date for the replacement.

My dealer eventually showed initiative in having the issue fixed, after me talking to the Sales Manager in person and further escalation up their management "flagpole".

This being said, I am still very mad with the HD Motor Company.
Buyers beware... this could happen to you with all sorts of original HD spares and replacement parts!

For now my LW runs again. At the moment it is "recovering from surgery" in the garage, sucking some 110V "juice".

- The End -
Great to hear that you got your LW back! My dealer won’t even return my emails. Parts were supposed to ship overnight on Friday...it’s been five days since then and it’s radio silence. Interestingly enough about a week and half ago, they drove it 4 miles, the day before they said the last set of parts came in. I’m done with Scottsdale HD. I am nearly sure that I am done with HD in general. I know someone spoke about lemon laws earlier in the thread...looks like I’m up against that on mine. Super bummed about it. I love my LW...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Great to hear that you got your LW back! My dealer won’t even return my emails. Parts were supposed to ship overnight on Friday...it’s been five days since then and it’s radio silence. Interestingly enough about a week and half ago, they drove it 4 miles, the day before they said the last set of parts came in. I’m done with Scottsdale HD. I am nearly sure that I am done with HD in general. I know someone spoke about lemon laws earlier in the thread...looks like I’m up against that on mine. Super bummed about it. I love my LW...
I hear you and feel the pain and frustration. We only have one HD dealer here in Victoria, BC, and they are trying for the most part to keep their clients happy. Unfortunately, I don't think there will be more HD bikes for me in the future.
I am actually surprised that clients are not running away from HD in droves. How much crap from HD MC are the "faithful" willing to put up with? Despite being a local (American...) product, customer loyalty is - still - earned, not deserved.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm sorry to hear of you guys' troubles and I'm sure I would be v unhappy if that happened to me and I'm not trying to talk you out of being unhappy. Still, as they told me when I was growing up, "If it has wings, wheels or a skirt, it'll cause you trouble - and many things that don't, will too." Plus we have the whole early-adopter-gremlin risks. I do hope you have better luck ahead.

·
Registered
2020 Livewire
16 Posts
FINALLY! Got my LW back two days ago. L1 charging seems to be working again. I am going to go to a L3 charger and test to make sure that still works too. The one at the dealer did not seem to work, but I don’t 100% trust that it was operating correctly.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts