Livewire Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm confused by the choice of photos. Was there a battery issue? How long did the service take? Was the gear oil a top up or a change out? Is EV Gear Oil the transmission lubricant that is listed to be replaced in the maintenance table for 1k miles? Did they charge you for the gear oil/labor/anything/nothing?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm confused by the choice of photos. Was there a battery issue? How long did the service take? Was the gear oil a top up or a change out? Is EV Gear Oil the transmission lubricant that is listed to be replaced in the maintenance table for 1k miles? Did they charge you for the gear oil/labor/anything/nothing?
It's HD, you get charged for everything! Just like an oil change on a car you pay for the oil. It is the transmission lubricant. After the 1K service it goes to every 20K service to replace the oil and it takes the whole 355mL. No drain plug so it is opened up to let the oil drain out.The battery was disconnected to test the charge and you can see the test button on the battery. At my dealer it is a 2 hour labor charge plus parts. My bill was $258 but this may vary dealer to dealer.I saw another post where the charge was $400.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts