Livewire Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Certification filings in Australia have revealed that the new Livewire is going to be a bit heavier than the previous version and will have a bit less power.

According to the numbers the 2021 Livewire will produce 101 hp (75 kW) and weigh 562 pounds (255 kg). That's 4 horsepower less and 13 pounds more than the 2020 Livewire.

According to the 2020 filing, the Livewire is listed at 249 kg (549 lbs) and 78 kW (105 hp) at 11,000 rpm. The 2021 filing shows revised numbers of 255 kg (562 lbs) and 75 kW (101 hp) at 10,500 rpm.

·
Registered
2020, Harley Davidson LiveWire
161 Posts
My guess is the added weight comes from a new charger that allows Level 2 (fingers crossed).
This makes perfect sense, along with the hopefully likelihood of improved batteries for improved range.
Reducing horsepower by "4" doesn't seem like a lot, but I don't know the math on horsepower to speed.
And there's no reason people need to be racing on public streets.
NOW, make it a software govern for the range and allow people to remove it for the track and then everyone should be "happy".

I mean, I'm "cafe-ing" mine out, so... I'm gaining a little range from the drag bars and less weight from the solo seat, but might loose a little by removing the headlight cowl - so I need to compare that more. (likely totally unnoticeable with my measurement abilities.)

·
Registered
161 Posts
IF they upgrade the Charger I hope we can retro-fit our bikes!
totally! I mean, if they can just raise the top and swap in something new... granted we'd have to weight cost vs practicality.

·
Registered
161 Posts
if they can manage both the L2 and L3, that will be ideal, 'cause I'd rather have the L3 than an L2.
If I REALLY want/need an L2, I can port around a small briefcase size converter and use that for L2.
Otherwise, the 1hr with L3 is the longest I'd want to wait "while" riding around, 'less I'm overnighting, then L1 is perfectly fine.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yes, this in a nutshell: "Otherwise, the 1hr with L3 is the longest I'd want to wait "while" riding around, 'less I'm overnighting, then L1 is perfectly fine."

·
Registered
7 Posts
Certification filings in Australia have revealed that the new Livewire is going to be a bit heavier than the previous version and will have a bit less power.

According to the numbers the 2021 Livewire will produce 101 hp (75 kW) and weigh 562 pounds (255 kg). That's 4 horsepower less and 13 pounds more than the 2020 Livewire.

According to the 2020 filing, the Livewire is listed at 249 kg (549 lbs) and 78 kW (105 hp) at 11,000 rpm. The 2021 filing shows revised numbers of 255 kg (562 lbs) and 75 kW (101 hp) at 10,500 rpm.

This must mean they added more batteries for a longer distant.

·
Registered
161 Posts
This must mean they added more batteries for a longer distant.
which could mean the older bikes should be able to get an upgrade (if they're smaller) unless they've made more room for the same size batteries, 'cause the current space is full.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.