Livewire Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
From Forbes on Jan 29, 2021:
"Joe Biden has announced that he has signed an executive order that will require the replacement of the entire fleet of federal vehicles with US-built electric cars, vans and trucks; in all, some 645,000 nationwide."

Bob, my local dealership is the same as the one you described above. They aren't ready to join the EV community, not yet. But political opinions aside, we're in a wave of EV-friendly government leaders from the USA to China. I doubt the resistance of my local Savannah HD dealership to sell EVs will play much part in the future of the technology.

·
Registered
6 Posts
From what I've seen for our particular model, the dealers themselves really like bikes and technology, but Harley-Davidson makes it so cost prohibitive for them to get on board. It will be interesting to see what the future brings.

·
Registered
268 Posts
From what I've seen for our particular model, the dealers themselves really like bikes and technology, but Harley-Davidson makes it so cost prohibitive for them to get on board. It will be interesting to see what the future brings.
Only 150 dealers carry the Livewire out of almost 700 dealers at the time the Livewire came out. The ones not carrying the LW made a wise decision. HD made it difficult for the dealers to carry the LW with a large up front expense and an over priced bike. After a year being on the market my dealer has only sold one bike-mine. HD came in and made my dealer sell some their LW's to a leasing company at cost. Hopefully moving the electric motorcycle division to their bicycle group will help sales and hope some of the concept models come out at a lower price point.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If I was 20 years younger I may - may - have waited buying a LW - and even so probably waited only if I had not test-ridden one and then saw the finished product. I put $1000 deposit down more than a year before I could get the real thing, because I was enthralled by the acceleration and handling of the prototypes.

Testriding one is a fatal to the bank balance as is testriding a Hayabusa or a Boss Hoss back in the day. Yes, there are limitations, but so what? I expect the battery life will get longer and maybe even the seat more comfy haha... but "the Perfect is the Enemy of the Good."

I have not enough patience to wait for perfection in EV Motorcycles... 🤪

41 - 44 of 44 Posts