Livewire Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not (yet) had to do fast charging, but I understand that the ratio of fast Level 3 to standard Level 1 charging has to be at least 1:4. ((The dealer I rented from in Germany made that very clear - telling me that the software would inform them if I voided the warranty by breaking Das Rule (OK then, but I wasn't going to anyway)...)).

Well, now I am back home and riding my own again. Question: if I ride 100km and then do a 20% of total charge as a fast charge to top up enough to get back home - does that mean it's counted as one episode of a Level 3 charge; or could I regard that as one-fifth of a Level 3 charge and so then do that 20% top-up another 4 times in a row, with overnight charging at Level 1 at home?

Thanks!

·
Registered
Livewire
81 Posts
Hello Odun, have a look on the owner manual: translated from my French manual : " RESS is not counting nor limited the number of level 3 charges" ... "if possible" 1 Level 3 for 4 level 1 so yes 1:4.
Anyway, the mine set is to limite the Level3 to preserved the battery cycles performance as long as possible.Not specific to HD LW and to always clear as HD is saying that to theirs customers.Ususally no info about the battery life cycles.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Eric. I am far away from my paper manual but will check it this weekend. I appreciate the confirmation of the 1:4. I guess / assume the German dealer has a way to verify overuse of Level 3, for the 'warranty purpose', one that is not available to us as owners.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.