Livewire Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I saw that. It could be interesting if they actually deliver on time. I was one of the very first Sondors Metacycle orders and still waiting for it... At 5k, the Metacycle will likely be good for a lot of what I do from a utilitarian aspect.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I saw that. It could be interesting if they actually deliver on time. I was one of the very first Sondors Metacycle orders and still waiting for it... At 5k, the Metacycle will likely be good for a lot of what I do from a utilitarian aspect.
Those who have received their Metacycles are reporting 0-60 times on the order of 10.5-11s. No regen. Very limited range. These are unsophisticated machines in the worst way. Yes, that’s slower than nearly every new car. From people who got theirs, not worth the wait.

I am highly skeptical of all of these announced electric “motorcycles” from electric bike manufacturers. Ryvid doesn’t even have that — the company hasn’t manufactured anything.

I love my Harley-Davidson LiveWire. Kawasaki is getting in this game now with a BEV and a Hybrid. The best vehicles in this space will be from the traditional manufacturers.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh I agree it is a different thing entirely. But I do think there is space for that in the market. Our bikes are not for everyone. There are other use cases. My primary one finds our bikes way over kill. I think the real market is down there and our bikes are far less of a not brainer. I think that is the hardest problem that the right people for these bikes really need to know what they want and what they need. It is hard to sell such a specific thing?

·
Registered
111 Posts
The Metacycle specs are fine for what I it would be used for. I don't expect regen at that price. Some of the places I have to park, anything expensive is going to disappear. As for acceleration, normally at rush hour I'd be glad to get to 60 mph on my commute let alone do it as quickly as 10-11 seconds. I have a lot of slow 30 mph roads I have to deal with and then I get on a highway that is bumper to bumper for miles.

While the speed limit can be as high as 70 mph, I have never seen over 55 mph on my commute at rush hour unless I nail the throttle when hitting the off ramp. Perfect environment for something like the Metacycle. I wouldn't remotely compare it to something like the LW but against some of bargain basement Zeros, it can be a compelling alternative. While the Zeros may be "better", I am paying for features that don't really make a difference in my use of the vehicle. I had a good idea of what I was getting. I had a few Sondors bicycles and they've been pretty much bullet proof. A faster electric bicycle, with better range, that I could take on highways was basically all I needed and wanted. I already had a CSC City Slicker and it was fun but capped at 45 mph. Not really useful, but fun.

Which is basically why I didn't buy an Energica instead of a Livewire. They are quicker/faster, better handling, more range, etc. I don't really need all that and I'd pay a premium for it and have a dealer much farther away. I ended up with a bike that is very good for my planned usage of it. Same applies to the Metacycle. When it was announced, there was nothing like it in the market at that price point. Just like when the LW came out, no real competition. A lot can happen in a few years.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yep, seems that way at times. Even a Vespa is overkill but at least the motor isn't in front or under your nuts roasting them.

I can often commute to the office faster on my Sondors bicycle than I can any car. Downside to a bike or motorcycle is the heat roasts you. So most of the time I opt for the comfort of AC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts