Livewire Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Regarding the Livewire interface - relating to Apple Car Play, I was able obtain a clear answer from a Harley Davidson customer service representative. Note that this applies to the current 2020 Livewire, The official response; "The interface on the LiveWire is not set up for Apple CarPlay”.

I hope that helps anyone noticing that pressing the voice key “may” prompt Siri to show suggestions for apps on your iPhone screen instead of listening for a voice command.

Livewire integrated music controls work fine with a wireless headset but no call answering or volume controls etc. My Shuberth Sena wireless helmet communications system and handle bar remote solves the voice activation and call answer problem.

The HD wired headset is indicated by H-D as an option. I have not tried that. I do hope H-D will upgrade to CarPlay in the future.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi Frank. I suspect having grown up without a mobile phone for my first 25 years of life - and then only a clunky brick to be summoned to work emergencies - I'm in the minority here, but I do not need and would not use an integrated CarPlay or similar software suite.

The LW display options are many but all I use/view is battery and distance - I prefer to ride looking up and out rather than down at a screen. Personal preferences rule of course but also, more complexity almost invariably means more to go wrong.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Frank. I suspect having grown up without a mobile phone for my first 25 years of life - and then only a clunky brick to be summoned to work emergencies - I'm in the minority here, but I do not need and would not use an integrated CarPlay or similar software suite.

The LW display options are many but all I use/view is battery and distance - I prefer to ride looking up and out rather than down at a screen. Personal preferences rule of course but also, more complexity almost invariably means more to go wrong.
To each his own! Actually the point is not having to look down! Car play allows voice control to initiate or close a call. Or just blindly hitting a switch to do the same without looking. I enjoy riding with friends and it’s great to communicate during a ride at times. We use intercom systems but sometimes just want to call the others to share a change of plans etc. Enjoy your Livewire!

·
Registered
2020, Harley Davidson LiveWire
96 Posts
Added notation that if you have an android device, you can setup a tasker event to react to the button press and then use your android device for any action you wish upon depressing the button on the bike.

I initially started out with voice commands, and while that worked perfect, I found I didn't use it as much as I thought I would...so, I turned the button into a simple garage door opener when near my home.

Android + tasker = endless possibilities!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts