Livewire Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just found this thread...

A simple initial question... Is something off with the battery range? Harley says they have a 15.5kWh (13.6kWh) battery and get 70 miles at 70 mph. However, Energica gets 70 miles at 70 mph with a 13.4kWh (11.7kWh) battery and Zero gets 82 miles at 70 mph with a 14.4kWh (12.6kWh) battery. If you do the math, the Zero is basically saying they get the same as the Energica (70 at 70 if they had a 13kWh battery). So both competitors seem to have similar battery-to-range efficiencies.

So that means that the Harley is roughly loosing 15% somewhere from battery to the ground. Is there any explanation as to the performance loss of the Harley Livewire drivetrain compared to Zero and Energica? I.E. If the Harley Livewire performed with the same efficiency as the competition, it should be getting closer to 90-95 miles at 70 mph.
70 miles at 70 MPH ALL HIGHWAY is tough, but probably possible on the Livewire in my experience. Dealer I bought from is 75 miles from home and it takes me 100%-0% from his driveway to mine on combination of highway and street.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Today I got exactly 85 miles in Eco-mode from 100% charged, down to 7% charged,.

But I am 115 kg, and I cranked it hard on the highway (100km/hr plus when I could).

That's all (y)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Today I got exactly 85 miles in Eco-mode from 100% charged, down to 7% charged,.

But I am 115 kg, and I cranked it hard on the highway (100km/hr plus when I could).

That's all (y)

How much of the 85 miles was on the highway?

·
Registered
22 Posts
We have very few long, straight highways as y'all do; & the surrounding countryside is hilly. About 30 miles of the 85 miles (135 kms) was twisties and at least as much again rural roads with a 40mph/70kmh limit.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts