Livewire Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2020, Harley Davidson LiveWire
254 Posts

It's a very nice piece of kit and specific to the the LiveWire.
what does it look like ON the bike? *angles
Does it have a recess for the charge cap or does it hover on it?
*just thinking about rub and wear.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
254 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've been told that the LW1 has a slightly different charge cap config... so I was curious if there is a recess in the bottom of the bag that would only fit the placement of the ELW, or if it can be used on both, including the LW1?
The LW1 has a LiveWire logo on black in the recess of the charging cover in lieu of the bar and shield. It is otherwise identical. I wouldn't be surprised if the black portion with the logo was glued on top of the molded HD logo on the cover. Of course, we won't know that unless someone is willing to destroy their LW1 cover. :p

·
Registered
254 Posts
The LW1 has a LiveWire logo on black in the recess of the charging cover in lieu of the bar and shield. It is otherwise identical. I wouldn't be surprised if the black portion with the logo was glued on top of the molded HD logo on the cover. Of course, we won't know that unless someone is willing to destroy their LW1 cover. :p
someone indicated that the actual cap placement was further back. That's what made me wonder.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The bottom of it is molded to the shape of the tank. It's literally designed for the bike.

Installation Instructions are here...
I have the glossy black HD livewire, and there is some rubbing and wear marks. I have used mine daily for over a year, so I feel mine gets a little more abused than most. Not caused by the bag itself, but rather debris that gets lodged underneath it

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have the glossy black HD livewire, and there is some rubbing and wear marks. I have used mine daily for over a year, so I feel mine gets a little more abused than most. Not caused by the bag itself, but rather debris that gets lodged underneath it
For folks with glossy paint finishes who like things to be perfect, you can apply PPF to the tank shell.

Me? I like and respect the dirt and wear. @Adventures on Zero has truly enjoyed his machine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts