Livewire Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Confirmed my worst nightmare. It wouldn't even take DC either. Stranded at the charger and need to get tow. This is the worst electric motorcycle I've ever own. I've got a BMW C-Evolution for 4 years and it didn't even give me a single issue. Yet this newer bike giving me a hell lots of issues. Charging is quite basic and fundamental for an electric vehicle that Harley Davidson can't even figure it out. It's a bloody DC CCS plug why the heck the bike think its an AC plug that need to get pass the OBC?
Mobile phone Communication Device Portable communications device Telephony Mobile device
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Steering part Vehicle Automotive design
Rectangle Tree Font Gadget Display device

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ok I’m going to ask something odd…
you say it’s a CC charger but the CC flap is not opened on your picture. To charge CC your need the full connector with the 2 prongs at the bottoms.
if only AC, some chargers DO have issues with the way the livewire reduces the amps to protect the battery.
have you tried with the Harley EVSE?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry my first photo wasn't very clear, apology. Here's a clearer photo and yes the flap opened and have to be open in order to insert the CCS2 plug in.

I don't have the OEM EVSE. But I do have an adjustable EVSE where I can adjust the amp output to just 240v 6amp. I would love to get the OEM one but at £700.00 that's a bit deep to be honest. My bike utilise European type2 plug.

Also today I've got this error message. "CHARGER FAULT" message on the right, is charger refer as EVSE or the OBC? Also I keep getting OBC and BCM no response when I do the DTC. Hopefully just software bug. Why can't Harley do OTA software update like Tesla :(

As you can see that I manage to charged the bike back to 14% from 1% after 30mins of tow by our Tesla Model 3 :)
Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Plant Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Audio equipment Automotive exterior Motorcycle accessories Gas
Sports equipment Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Automotive design

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any luck yet? This happened to me about 2 months ago. Started working again the next day. Took it in for service about a month ago, they said it needed a bunch of updates. Worked daily for a month and just stopped working again 4 days ago.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Manage to get an appointment last Saturday morning. All modules software updated except the MCM software which didn't show up at the dealer DT2 reflash site. Only ABS, OBC, VSC and BCM
Wheel Fuel tank Tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Even after all the software update the bike still refuse to charge. However I manage to stumble a solution by using a type1/J1772 AC EVSE and use a type1 to type2 adaptor to plug in within 5 sec it's lock the plug and it start charging. You have no idea the joy I had :)

After that I try a few experiments ie swapping the PP and CP that didn't work. Finally I check the type1 to type2 adaptor, turn out that a resistor inside the plug and I took it out and apply the resistor on the bike sidie PP and voila it works!
Bicycle tire Bicycle handlebar Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Vehicle Bicycle frame

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Trunk

Sadly the this trick only works for AC charging and it wouldn't work for DC level 3 :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts