Livewire Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brammo has just gotten a significant boost in the form of a strategic partnership with TEAM Industries. TEAM is leading driveline component manufacturer.

TEAM’s ability to develop and produce, locally in the United States, will help Brammo not only develop its future products more effectively, but also help lower the cost of its current offering. Talking to Brammo CEO Craig Bramscher, he called TEAM Industries “American manufacturing at its finest,” and highlighted TEAM’s commitment to creating jobs throughout Minnesota, and its ability to work on a wide variety of manufacturing stages
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/brammo-team-industries-strategic-partnership-investment/

·
Registered
76 Posts
Could be just the influx of capital and expertise that Brammo needs to get bigger. How long do you think it will take for this partnership to start showing actual results in the Brammo lineup?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm really not sure to be honest. I'm curious if they will be taking advantage of Tesla now open patents on their battery tech. Could be a quick and simple way to boost capability...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Unless they already had their own R&D underway maybe not but either way it's still a good idea for them to look into what tesla did and how they can use whatever they can get from that info.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Obviously there is a lot of information that we don't know, but it seems like a pretty smart move to just build off Tesla's patents. I don't think it's like Brammo wants to build it's own battery factory anytime soon.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was going to say that Brammo might just get bought up by a company like Tesla, but I guess with this cash injection they don't really need that anymore.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not using Tesla's patents does not necessitate opening your own battery factory, the decision is not that binary. Even by using Tesla patents you don't need to source Tesla components per se.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts