Livewire Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soon-to-be owner here, and I can’t wait. I’m wondering if there is a benefit to ordering the One from a HD dealer over the Livewire website? The dealer is about an hour away. If I buy the bike online, they can either ship it to the dealer or to me directly for $99.

it would be nice to establish the relationship with the dealer but they didn’t seem to knowledgeable about the ordering process. I would be worried that their order would take longer than a direct order from the website. The sales guy online told me 4 weeks…

thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
158 Posts
Having just ordered, the delivery comes through the dealer regardless.

One either picks it up, or if you live within 50 miles of a dealer, for $99 you can have it delivered. If you live over 50 miles from the receiving dealer there is an upcharge.

So the bikes route through the nearest dealer to you, or your pick of dealer, whether you order it there or not.

And the dealer isnt likely to know anything about the bike.

I don't see any advantage in ordering through a dealer. Just one more layer to the process.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Yes, I’m trying to keep it as simple as possible. I’ll probably have it delivered to me for $99 since the Uber charge to go pick it up will probably be $60…

Having just ordered, the delivery comes through the dealer regardless.

One either picks it up, or if you live within 50 miles of a dealer, for $99 you can have it delivered. If you live over 50 miles from the receiving dealer there is an upcharge.

So the bikes route through the nearest dealer to you, or your pick of dealer, whether you order it there or not.

And the dealer isnt likely to know anything about the bike.

I don't see any advantage in ordering through a dealer. Just one more layer to the process.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am having issues buying direct from Livewire. Most of which are dealing with how they are handling tax and registration, and they say they have to ship it to me, as dealers in my state can not sell the LW, so I am told. It is frustrating. At least LW is offering to split the cost of shipping to me.

I found a dealer with a couple of leftover 2020s and they gave me a bangin’ deal. Check your local dealer inventories before ordering one online.
When you say deal, do you mean similar to current LW1 MSRP, or above LW1 prices but below the previous HD MSRP? Just curious. A deal to me would be below current LW1 MSRP, is that what you mean? Thank you!

·
Registered
98 Posts
you say deal, do you mean similar to current LW1 MSRP, or above LW1 prices but below the previous HD MSRP? Just curious. A deal to me would be below current LW1 MSRP, is that what you mean? Thank you!
Under $18k for the bike, below the cost of the LW1, for a brand new leftover 2020 HD LiveWire, with full warranty, EA 500kwh offer, ChargePoint, etc. There are a handful of leftovers out there for those willing to look. 👍

People weren’t walking into Harley-Davidson dealerships looking for an electric bike. I feel very lucky and glad that I looked.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Under $18k for the bike, below the cost of the LW1, for a brand new leftover 2020 HD LiveWire, with full warranty, EA 500kwh offer, ChargePoint, etc. There are a handful of leftovers out there for those willing to look. 👍

People weren’t walking into Harley-Davidson dealerships looking for an electric bike. I feel very lucky and glad that I looked.
Awesome! Thank you for sharing. Maybe I should go this route too.

I have read that the range is different between the HD LW and the LW1, and that the LW1 may have more battery capacity than the HD LW... It is speculated that is why the LW1 weighs more than the HD LW. Can you put any facts to that? Just curious overall.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Awesome! Thank you for sharing. Maybe I should go this route too.

I have read that the range is different between the HD LW and the LW1, and that the LW1 may have more battery capacity than the HD LW... It is speculated that is why the LW1 weighs more than the HD LW. Can you put any facts to that? Just curious overall.
I have seen that speculation from Australia, but have yet to see anything factual. I’ve ridden both the ELW and LW1. Feels like the same bike.

Any potential differences with the LW1 would likely have more to do with cost savings than anything else. That being said, the specs in the US are exactly the same.

The LiveWire is an incredible platform and the benchmark for electric motorcycles right now. If you can snag a deal on an ELW, do it. 👍

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have seen that speculation from Australia, but have yet to see anything factual. I’ve ridden both the ELW and LW1. Feels like the same bike.

Any potential differences with the LW1 would likely have more to do with cost savings than anything else. That being said, the specs in the US are exactly the same.

The LiveWire is an incredible platform and the benchmark for electric motorcycles right now. If you can snag a deal on an ELW, do it. 👍
Thank you. I reached out to the dealer you worked with, see what they say.

I wish there was more clarity on the differences between the models, perhaps a deep dive in a parts book or service manual. I read in another article that there was some structural changes and software.

What I would love to see is actual level 2 charging, so I can fully charge while at work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Given the choice of Level 2 or DC, I am glad that they went the DC route. With fast DC charging, road tripping is viable.
Of course! All I am saying is that if I did manage to nearly drain the battery, and I charged at work, I don't work for 11 hours... So it would take me two days to charge the bike without locating a level 3. I live in an apartment with no access to overnight charging.

Yeah, I know... I get it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Of course! All I am saying is that if I did manage to nearly drain the battery, and I charged at work, I don't work for 11 hours... So it would take me two days to charge the bike without locating a level 3. I live in an apartment with no access to overnight charging.

Yeah, I know... I get it.
You don’t need to fully charge an EV, it’s only what you need to get where you are going.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts