Livewire Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone else who has or may experience the following: After 4 weeks and 1000 miles, I jumped on for the 45 mile ride to the dealership for the 1k service. Unfortunately, I was greeted with a "CALL SERVICE" message when the ON switch was hit.....that's all, no other info and the bike would not do anything. Being an electrician, I know that cycling power, or the switch may get a different result.....it took about 4 or 5 times of switching the ON/OFF until I got the result I needed to see. It let me start the bike and head out on my way. However, after about 5 minutes, the display lit with a red triangle saying SHUTDOWN!! Fortunately, it only stayed lit for about 3-4 seconds then went off. The bike never had any performance issues when this SHUTDOWN light was on and I was able to get to the dealership with no other issues. Dealership performed 1k service and RESET THE BCM AND OBC (I believe these would be the Body Control Module and On-Board Charger). No other explanation given and it has been fine for (2) 42 mile rides now. Again, just fyi for the forum, or if anyone else knows anything about these hiccups!!! HAPPY DAYS ON THE OG HDLW

·
Registered
Livewire
55 Posts
Yes, I ve had this "call service" message few weeks ago , I've taken a photo of this screen, no sure how it's happend, I was plugging tho a wall box or unpluging ? Diseapear after having the bike switch off an on after 1 minut or 2 .No damage. No problem. But a bad surprise when the message was pop up. 1 time on 1200 miles.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I ve had this "call service" message few weeks ago , I've taken a photo of this screen, no sure how it's happend, I was plugging tho a wall box or unpluging ? Diseapear after having the bike switch off an on after 1 minut or 2 .No damage. No problem. But a bad surprise when the message was pop up. 1 time on 1200 miles.
Im glad it seems to have worked itself out for you. Dealership 'RESET THE BCM AND OBC" modules on mine, and so far, so good! Thanks for the reply, enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
20 Posts
For anyone else who has or may experience the following: After 4 weeks and 1000 miles, I jumped on for the 45 mile ride to the dealership for the 1k service. Unfortunately, I was greeted with a "CALL SERVICE" message when the ON switch was hit.....that's all, no other info and the bike would not do anything. Being an electrician, I know that cycling power, or the switch may get a different result.....it took about 4 or 5 times of switching the ON/OFF until I got the result I needed to see. It let me start the bike and head out on my way. However, after about 5 minutes, the display lit with a red triangle saying SHUTDOWN!! Fortunately, it only stayed lit for about 3-4 seconds then went off. The bike never had any performance issues when this SHUTDOWN light was on and I was able to get to the dealership with no other issues. Dealership performed 1k service and RESET THE BCM AND OBC (I believe these would be the Body Control Module and On-Board Charger). No other explanation given and it has been fine for (2) 42 mile rides now. Again, just fyi for the forum, or if anyone else knows anything about these hiccups!!! HAPPY DAYS ON THE OG HDLW
I had this same warning light. It was really brief, big red warning on the console. Its not in the manuals and my tech can't find anything about it. They suggested it hit the kill switch, which is not right. I'm glad I'm not alone. Hopefully we can do this reset remotely. Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Same here. It's happened a handful of times in about 7,500 miles. When I was on the road, it went away when I let off the accelerator. One time I got the dreaded shutdown warning while at a red light. I put the side stand down, pressed start again, and it was gone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I to had this same problem at my 1000 mile service. The dealership gave me the explanation as yours. After the service I have had no problems nor have that message appeared again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had this same warning light. It was really brief, big red warning on the console. Its not in the manuals and my tech can't find anything about it. They suggested it hit the kill switch, which is not right. I'm glad I'm not alone. Hopefully we can do this reset remotely. Thanks for the post.
Same here. It's happened a handful of times in about 7,500 miles. When I was on the road, it went away when I let off the accelerator. One time I got the dreaded shutdown warning while at a red light. I put the side stand down, pressed start again, and it was gone.
OK....another little nugget of info. Thanks for sharing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts