Livewire Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
I bought my livewire the first week of August 2020. I have about 1800 miles on it.(serviced at 1200) today I rode to work with no issues. When I got on the bike to come home, the red exclamation point was lit and the dash read “call service” . I turned the bike off for a couple of minutes, turned back on, and the same result. Would not start. I could go into settings, toggle through ride modes etc... turned it off again for a few minutes and it was fine. Rode home and called the dealer. Their trained tech is off for a few days and I was wondering if anyone else had this issue.p.s. The kickstand was up and the forks unlocked. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!!
Ride safe

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sounds like your 12v battery was low on charge or loose cable. When the 12v is out nothing lights up or comes on which leads me to believe it has a loose cable or just had enough juice.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got the call the dealer notice this week on mine. I turned the key on and off at wrong times and I got the message. I could not get the bike to do anything.

i pulled the 40 amp fuse, waited a minute and put it back in. All fixed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like your 12v battery was low on charge or loose cable. When the 12v is out nothing lights up or comes on which leads me to believe it has a loose cable or just had enough juice.
Thank Mac! I will check the cable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the call the dealer notice this week on mine. I turned the key on and off at wrong times and I got the message. I could not get the bike to do anything.

i pulled the 40 amp fuse, waited a minute and put it back in. All fixed.
Thanks Crilly! I just flipped it on and off a few times, but a reset sounds useful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts