Livewire Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I there always some off throttle regen? I suppose you are always spinning the motor. I wish there was most access to regen control or it was just triggered by braking. I get that is probably me not being used to the way it works.

·
Registered
2020, Harley Davidson LiveWire
215 Posts
You can turn it off in the Mode settings. Try one of the custom modes, and dial regen down to 0
This is the correct answer above.
Additionally, (I could be wrong) but have 17k+ miles, I'm pretty confident that manual baking does NOT regen.
So... if you dial it down to zero, you won't get that benefit.

Alternatively, you can play with the regen level to find something that gives you some benefit but allows more manual braking.
*nice thing... if you use the "user" modes... you can change the mode while riding.

You will notice the change if you're on the throttle - you will NOT notice the change if you are using cruise control.
--- it's a nice benefit for when you're coasting down a MTN and want to maintain legal speeds but not completely stop from aggressive regen.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see. I just know that regen isn't always better for range. Sometime you want to coast. I sort of think there should be a regen and engine shutoff button or lever.

·
Registered
2020, Harley Davidson LiveWire
215 Posts
I see. I just know that regen isn't always better for range. Sometime you want to coast. I sort of think there should be a regen and engine shutoff button or lever.
I completely agree and use the mode switch to improve the coasting range.
That said, it's more of a beni when you're on a long ride with few stops.
Having to do that all the time is more annoying... with lights and signs and such

do report back on comparisons with and without the regen should you test it out!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts