Livewire Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone try changing the charger tray before? My come with the wrong tray and I bought the right tray for the charger. Do I need to remove 1 side of the rear frame I assume? Or thats a easier way? I try to pry the front hinge out but the plastic quite hard and the hinge are quite deep. If need to remove the frame whats the torque needed for the reinstall?

TA
Hand Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
Livewire
81 Posts
Has anyone try changing the charger tray before? My come with the wrong tray and I bought the right tray for the charger. Do I need to remove 1 side of the rear frame I assume? Or thats a easier way? I try to pry the front hinge out but the plastic quite hard and the hinge are quite deep. If need to remove the frame whats the torque needed for the reinstall?

TA
View attachment 1173

TA
View attachment 1173
Nice topic. I've the left tray on my LW in Europe.And space is missing for the 220V end plug.. How it's organise with the right tray ? Have you got a picture please ? I' was not aware that 2 versions are on the market.And I was.ready to cut one rib to have more place !

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice topic. I've the left tray on my LW in Europe.And space is missing for the 220V end plug.. How it's organise with the right tray ? Have you got a picture please ? I' was not aware that 2 versions are on the market.And I was.ready to cut one rib to have more place !
You have left or right? I thought European have the right tray? The left is for type1 EVSE. This is how you organise the type2 EVSE in the tray.
Product Gas Electronic device Bag Electric blue

·
Registered
2020 H-D LiveWire
52 Posts
Any idea what the tray costs? I'd love to get a "throw-away" tray to use as a mold for laying up a tray with more depth for additional storage under the seat. There seems to be quite a bit of "wasted" space between the bottom of the tray and the rear shock and fender -- it can't all be needed for shock travel, can it? Space for documents, spare gloves, a couple of wrenches, phone cable, etc. would be welcome. I also wonder if the ridges/guides for the charger and cable are there for aesthetics, user convenience, or if they perhaps add some structural integrity to the tray -- any idea?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts