Livewire Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading posts on different Livewire sites of new owners not getting the ChargePoint cards from the dealer. Most of the complaints are of the dealer not having a clue about what to do. I hope this is a thing of the past now that deliveries have been going on for awhile now. The good news is that you do not need the dealers help. I had to wait so long for my bike I had my ChargePoint account set up two months before I got my bike. As soon as I got my bike I went in and put my VIN number in to start my two year free charging. So if your waiting on your bike or know a person waiting for their bike just go to this link.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just used the app and it worked great. Dealer gave me nothing. I had to make a second login though so it would remain free. ChargePoint has no idea how to deal with someone who has a free account at HD dealer and a pay for account everywhere else. My year old account I use for my Tesla kept overriding it when I tried to pay with my Apple Watch or iphone.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just used the app and it worked great. Dealer gave me nothing. I had to make a second login though so it would remain free. ChargePoint has no idea how to deal with someone who has a free account at HD dealer and a pay for account everywhere else. My year old account I use for my Tesla kept overriding it when I tried to pay with my Apple Watch or iphone.
There seems to be a lot of confusion over the free charging from ChargePoint. That's why I put the link to the Livewire page at ChargePoint.

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
158 Posts
I've been reading posts on different Livewire sites of new owners not getting the ChargePoint cards from the dealer. Most of the complaints are of the dealer not having a clue about what to do. I hope this is a thing of the past now that deliveries have been going on for awhile now. The good news is that you do not need the dealers help. I had to wait so long for my bike I had my ChargePoint account set up two months before I got my bike. As soon as I got my bike I went in and put my VIN number in to start my two year free charging. So if your waiting on your bike or know a person waiting for their bike just go to this link.

This would be worth stickying, and placing under Battery and Charging.

I missed this post, and found the info the hard way. But, it is the key to free charging at participating Harley dealers.

The info in the link in the original post, is copied below...

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
158 Posts
One should not need a second ChargePoint account - just creating a connection to the Livewire Riders Group by entering the Livewire VIN in the process in the above link. FWIW, there are many other groups on that link that one may be eligible to join. I also added a couple of others to my account.

·
Registered
111 Posts

Thank you so much. Worked like a champ!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts