Livewire Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should me ChargePoint card work, or do I need to have a Harley employee swipe their card so I can charge there?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Should me ChargePoint card work, or do I need to have a Harley employee swipe their card so I can charge there?
I have the app setup on my iPhone and a Wallet Pass. Nice to just put my Apple Watch up to the ChargePoint NFC reader and have it work.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The ChargePoint at my local dealer is set up a private station so only the dealer‘s card works. My card shows up as in-authenticated. Visited another dealer today and my card worked as it always has. I think the previous GM at Patriot set it up this way to prevent cars from using it and blocking the only entrance/exit to the service area.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah, that charger doesn’t show up on the Charger Point app either. The first time I used it, I called Charge Point and they got it going for me. Later I discovered that I could ask the sales staff to use their tap card. Whoever set up this system didn’t realize the charger would have been much better placed in the parking lot. The dealership is owned by Sheehy, so maybe someone from their corporate office made this decision just looking at how much it would cost. If you ever need to get the charger going after hours, just call Charge Point and they should be able to help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts