Livewire Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious more than anything, great to see the Bar and Shield advancing beyond the public's perception. The Livewire is the type of bike Buell would of built, the type of bike that a few years back Harley would of killed on spot.

Let's see what happens.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Do you think Bull might just start development on one of their own seeing how Harley is already set on coming out with this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to the LiveWire forums. Glad to see Harley moving forward with what is clearly the future of motorized transportation, whether it's on two wheels or four wheels.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome to the LiveWire forums. Glad to see Harley moving forward with what is clearly the future of motorized transportation, whether it's on two wheels or four wheels.
Same here, i'm also interested in seeing what they might do for the future, if they will trickle this tech down to a lower segment or just keep it where it's at and only go up segment

·
Registered
3 Posts
yes electric is part of the future but I don't think its THE future...
Someday, fossil fuels will be too expensive to burn. Whether that's 30 years from now, or 80 years from now, I don't know, but I do know that it's a matter of time. Anyone who does not accept this notion has their head in the sand.

And machines like the LiveWire prove that an electric future doesn't have to be dismal and full of Prius!!! :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Someday, fossil fuels will be too expensive to burn. Whether that's 30 years from now, or 80 years from now, I don't know, but I do know that it's a matter of time. Anyone who does not accept this notion has their head in the sand.

And machines like the LiveWire prove that an electric future doesn't have to be dismal and full of Prius!!! :D
Please don't be foolish. Hydrocarbons are baked into EVERY aspect of our culture. Battery/Hybrid/EV culture is simply kicking the can down the road. We have a lifestyle problem not a fossil fuel problem. When fossil fuels become to costly to burn/use everything built on the backs of hydrocarbons goes away. Anyone who does not accept THIS has their head in the sand.

I'm sorry but its boneheaded to think that we can just replace hydrocarbons with electricity, or solar or wind. I'm sorry but yo can't turn solar or wind or electricity into asphalt. This goes much deeper than what will motivate our vehicles.

No joke, we live in an anomaly, we're living above the mean, this all reverts back to darkness once hydrocarbons go away...

So if you care about the future of the planet burn as many hydrocarbons as you can as quickly as possible. The faster we run out the faster we can rehabilitate. Conservation and substitution simply prolong the agony.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'm not sure what ran Buell into the ground and how much control they had over it. do you know the full story behind how buell fell under?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts