Livewire Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I just got home with my new-to-me 2020 Livewire, after a fun and uneventful ride home from the dealer. Ten minutes later I went back to the garage to play with the bike, and it will not turn on! I flip the switch to RUN with the fob on me and... nothing. If I hold the trip button on the left grip the headlight will come on (and i can activate the left blinker, but not the right?), but still nothing on the display. I can hear what sounds like a pump running but nothing will display.

What's weird is the bike is still working at some level. It shows current status on the HD app, and the bike will charge if plugged in. But no security light flashes and nothing ever comes up on the display. I tried "starting" the bike to see if it is just the display itself but that doesn't work. I'm out of ideas, and obviously very frustrated at my new very expensive paperweight.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be? I tried the fob battery, no change.There were no warnings of impending 12V battery demise or anything on the ride home.

Thank you very much for any help!

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess that was it!

I took the cover off and #1 was connected, but I jiggled it and played around and bit and lo and behold IT WORKS NOW!!! I am so relieved and happy!

You seriously saved me a TON of hassle and work trying to get a dealer to bring a trailer and try to figure it out! I owe you a CASE of beer!

Seriously, thanks so much for commenting and knowing what I should check. Now I'm off to ride and enjoy :)

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Roger that will do! Hey while you're here, can you help me find the USB-C port? I've looked around under the headlight nacelle (where the book says it is) but to no avail? I want to try to update the software while I've got it working!

· Registered
34 Posts
I would call it the headlight cowling or little fairing around the headlight. It pulls off very easily. Just stand in front of the bike, grab with both hands on the left right sides, wiggle and pull towards you.

· Registered
33 Posts
I purchased my 2020 LiveWire in fall of 2021 and noticed there is a version 2 software for the HD LiveWire and version 3 for LiveWire One instrument module on the Harley service/support website though my bike was delivered with version 1. I purchased a USB-C stick and put the version 2 on it but have been reluctant to install it because so far I haven’t had any significant problems with the bike, the closest LiveWire service center is over 200 miles away one way and someone at the dealer told me they’ve seen instances of bikes becoming non-drivable if performed incorrectly. Anyone else done it successfully?

· Registered
17 Posts
I purchased my 2020 LiveWire in fall of 2021 and noticed there is a version 2 software for the HD LiveWire and version 3 for LiveWire One instrument module on the Harley service/support website though my bike was delivered with version 1. I purchased a USB-C stick and put the version 2 on it but have been reluctant to install it because so far I haven’t had any significant problems with the bike, the closest LiveWire service center is over 200 miles away one way and someone at the dealer told me they’ve seen instances of bikes becoming non-drivable if performed incorrectly. Anyone else done it successfully?
I did it last year and the upgrade went smoothly. Don’t try the Livewire One Version 3… this will not work on your bike!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts