Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OptionsSportRoadRainRange
Power10080040
Regen80301580
Throttle80553055
TCHigh (min)MedLow(max)Med

(1) Copy+Edit selection will copy the selected ride mode into a selected custom ride mode option and allow the rider to build a custom ride mode using a preset selection as a starting point.
(2) Power Slider adjusts how much overall power will be available in the custom ride mode. Regen slider adjusts how much regen will be enabled in the custom ride mode. Throttle slider adjusts the intensity of throttle response felt by the rider in the custom ride mode.
(3) The traction control level adjusts how much rear wheel slip the system will allow. The HIGH setting allows a high level of slip, which is the LEAST LEVEL of traction control intervention. The Medium (MED) setting allows a MEDIUM LEVEL of slip, which is a moderate level of traction control intervention. The LOW setting allows a low level of slip, which is the HIGHEST LEVEL of traction control intervention. Traction control adjustment does not affect the performance of drag torque slip control or ABS functions.

Ugh love the docs from the owners manual. The TC is of course the most amusing. I guess they will probably never fix it now. So dumb. I wanted this chart to start looking at my custom settings. Was surprised that range had power up at 40. Anyone ever play with Regen at 100? That seems nuts. So I given the crap documentation about what this stuff changes I am guessing there are just slopes or curves that are being increased? And TC is like a cocktail of stuff but just 3 settings. Seems like Throttle must not effect power but sensitivity. I guess that could actually may riding easier to have it set higher. Less throw of the control. But perhaps sketchier if you screw up. My current setup is 22/0/22/Low and then Range turned on. Seems like I should at least just add power and throttle since all I really want to do is toggle Regen. My personal thought is that varying the throttle curve is sketchy. As my brain is mapping that. But I guess for a given power setting it might make sense. I really wish they had put regen on a left lever but clear that would have up'd cost and raised complexity.

·
Registered
2022 Liquid Black LiveWire One
31 Posts
Welp, I guess I need to go fix my TC setting...

I've been at 75% power, 100% regen, and 65% throttle for most of the time I've owned the bike. I kept inching up power and throttle as my comfort and control on the bike builds, at this point I can still spin the back tire for a second but only if I fully send it. Regen I bumped up fairly quickly as I always felt on control. The only thing I'd say about 100% regen is that it's easy to lock up the back tire with the rear brake but you're hardly using the brakes at that point, everything but steering is done with your right hand only.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've been playing with the settings all day. I was surprised how quick the bike is even in range mode. I don't feel a big difference in the throttle setting unless you may big changes. With regen at 100 you don't really need much rear brake.

I think my go-to mode will be:
power 100
regen 100
throttle 75
TC High

I just rode that in the rain and it wasn't unmanageable at all. I wasn't whacking the throttle open coming out of turns but I've been riding for a long time and it was pretty easy to judge how much power I could dial up.

I definitely have to come up with a parking brake for it. Likely will just use a simple solution like velcro around the front brake lever.

·
Registered
2022 Liquid Black LiveWire One
31 Posts
Based on the conversation above/the manual I suggest traction control set to low(lowest amount of slip allowed). But I agree, with regen set at 100% you should not use the rear brake (my experience is it locks up the rear wheel). With that it's basically 1-handed riding. As for parking brake, someone in a different threat suggested:

·
Registered
111 Posts
I saw the bulletbrake but for it might be a bit of overkill. OTOH, it could make a great stealthy way to make it harder for people to steal your bike too. Not that they can't, they just aren't going to be able to easily roll it away.

So I may go with a velcro strap for a while until I make up my mind.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yes I do,
Yes i do recommend it! Super easy to install.. 5 minutes tops! Without even requiring a bleed as the plunger will do it for you.
super easy to engage. Squeeze lever, push the plunger in, et voila. Brake locked, that livewire ain’t moving!
I wanted it as i quite often park in a slope and was using a Velcro strap to squeeze the lever.
the bullet is discreet, small, effective. Totally worth it :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts