Livewire Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
You in luck buddy. I took my out recently due to screen defect (lcd glue leak) and the dealer I bought the bike from agreed to replace it under warranty. Unfortunately they are thousands of miles away from where I am, so have to DIY for the uninstall and install. Took them 2 weeks to get the replacement screen from Milwaukee HQ.
Rectangle Eyewear Shipping box Bag Luggage and bags

So first thing first, tools
1. You need 1 of these 6mm flat head drift punch with a hammer.
Ruler Font Rectangle Metal Kitchen utensil

2. Now you need to align the hole between the screen hinge and the handlebar clamp hinge. You can see the handlebar clamp hinge hole is actually 0 degree align with it base. So you need visually align the screen with the clamp.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

3. Once you align them make sure you cover the handlebar with towel or cloth to protect it just incase you scratch it as well as remove the front fairing cover. Now use the drift punch and the hammer to gently tap those torque hinges out it will slowly give way if the holes are align. They can only go 1 way either tapping from the left or right all the way through. Make sure you don't use brute force and don't damage the hole edges.

4. You need brand new torque hinges when installing the new screen. You can't use the old one cause it been skim.
Font Rectangle Plastic Transparency Fashion accessory

5. After that you need HD DT2 to merry the bike and the new screen. Bob your uncle!

Good luck!

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's the same way as any Harley merrying new electronic part with the bike using DT2. Same as a Road Glide changing its speedometer. Luckily my new screen some how doesn't have the vin error message probably because its a brand new part or the dealer management to calibrate it off the bike.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts