Livewire Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The "Fat Jack" seems to be the jack. I'm wondering if the EVPT stand is just a curved wider spreader to cradle the under carriage at the jack points.

But there is no info on it yet, anywhere that I can find.

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I talked to Livewire tech support.

The EVPT stand is a Harley shop tool that is used on a Fat Jack, to provide a level jacking surface at the jacking points. It is a plate and standoff pins, that provide a stable flat jacking surface.

Having just lifted the bike with a Fat Jack without the plate, I won't do that again without the tool or something that approximates it. The belly is too narrow and rounded to be stable on a jack alone.

Oh, the HD EVPT stand is a shop tool that is pricey and not generally available to end users. So, I'll prob be using track stands or improvising to lift the bike.

·
Registered
2020, Harley Davidson LiveWire
255 Posts
I have not been super successful with any jacks I've tried (the bike keeps wanting to roll on the round motor casing), so I got a pitt bull stand to bring it up from the wheels.
That's worked pretty well so far, outside of preventing the ability to take off the wheels.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have not been super successful with any jacks I've tried (the bike keeps wanting to roll on the round motor casing), so I got a pitt bull stand to bring it up from the wheels.
That's worked pretty well so far, outside of preventing the ability to take off the wheels.

View attachment 1030
Nice.

I have Pit-bull stands for my other bikes, and have been talking to them about a rear stand for the Livewire that will cradle under the swingarm.

What are you using as "spools" to place your stand under?

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
he's not using spools :) rubber cushion in the front and a rod for the back :)
Thanks!

I know he's not using spools in the back. I wondered what he is using in the back - e.g. what diam rod through the left, and whether or what he spaced with on the right side where the internal diameter of the axle is larger.

·
Registered
2020, Harley Davidson LiveWire
255 Posts

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks!

I'll double check the widths on my XR1200. I may be able to use my rear Pit-Bull by just doing the rod like you.

My front Pit-Bull is the same as yours and will work under the brake mount if I want to lift that way. Though I may use the rear Pit-Bull, and my fat jack under the Livewire front motor lift point so I can pull the front wheel.

Thanks again

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, I talked to another Livewire tech, and while he said the EVPT stand is for lifting under the belly of the bike - they really use it mostly when they are working on the battery pack. Otherwise they just tie the bike down and use a fat jack to lift the end they need.

So, I just used tcypher's approach and sleeved a 1/2" steel rod in a 1/2" emt pipe (nominal 3/4" OD). I cut it about 20" long overall, so it extends 3" out either side of the rear axle, and used a forward handled Pit-Bull stand that I already have, to lift and brace the rear end.

Wood Tool Hardwood Wood stain Varnish

Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset Bicycle tire

Add a fat jack up front and voila!

Automotive tire Plant Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design

1 - 12 of 12 Posts