Livewire Forums banner

EVSE 120 AND 240?

5K views 46 replies 10 participants last post by  Wavshrdr 
#1 ·
Guys,
I'm having doubts.... the documentation on the EVSE says the input is only 120V, but the tag on the cable of the EVSE says input 120/240 with 12/16 amps...
I tripped all 15amps breaker in the location I am in so I am hooked with an extension on the microwave outlet which is 20Amps.

now... if the EVSE can really be plugged in a 220amps, that would mean I could hook into the exterior 220outlet for EV chargers. but is it? which to I believe? the book or the Label on the EVSE cable?

Phil

#44 ·
I got an email back from Mila this morning. I specifically asked "Would any modifications need to be made to the device to have it charge the Harley Davidson? There is a discussion going on the Livewire Forums about your product and it was suggested that they need to be modified to work with the Harley Livewire."

Reply from Mila:
Hello Travis ,

No need to do any modify .
Actually we sold our 10KW portable charger to Harley company directly from 2018.
They sold Harley Davidson to all around the world , they sold to Europe will use CCS combo 2
They sold to Japan will use CHAdeMO .
In North America will use CCS combo 1 .

You just need to confirm what plug you need for your Harley Davidson ? CCS1 ? CCS2 ? CHAdeMO ?
Then we will provide suitable charger to you

Best Regards,
Mila
Also just FYI I have seen these on Aliexpress as well if that is a place you shop and are looking for one. Still waiting to hear back from the company in Calgary that sells what looks like the same item.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.