Livewire Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
have you noticed that when temperature are higher, it takes MUCH longer to charge overnight?
I used to get it from 30 to 100 in about 9-10 hours at around 18-20C in the garage
now, with 34 the last to nights, it took 11-12 hours to charge
is this as expected? Should I leave the garage-house-door opened so the AC can cool off the garage while charging?

· Registered
112 Posts
AC charging appears to be limited by how well the LiveWire keeps its inverter cool. I wouldn’t be surprised if it throttles things back when it’s really warm outside.

The motor and inverter appear to share the same cooling circuit. If you have the time to let the motor cool before you plug it in, there appears to be a charge time advantage.

· Registered
53 Posts
I noticed this today when it was roasting outside on a road trip of about 250 miles. The fast chargers were hard to get going. One cut off at 70%, and the Electrify America charger was slowed down to 10 kw, less than half as much as usual. When I left this last one at 80%, the battery temp was 120F/49C. I plugged in when I got home at about 110F/43C, and it was going to take about 2 hours longer than usual. It's good to know that the bike slows things down when the battery gets hot. 18 months and 19,000 miles in, and I'm still learning these things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts