Livewire Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I discovered a gap between the electronics cover (fuel tank look alike) and the vent - I can see inside where wires reside. I fear that if I wash the bike it will get into electronics. Is this normal - here is photo:

·
Registered
249 Posts
I discovered a gap between the electronics cover (fuel tank look alike) and the vent - I can see inside where wires reside. I fear that if I wash the bike it will get into electronics. Is this normal - here is photo:

View attachment 459
Looks like it is just a misaligned panel. Looks like you can just loosen the panel and snap it in or take it back to the dealer and show them the sloppy work from the factory.

As for the electronics most of it is water proof Here is a pic with the top off.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020, Harley Davidson LiveWire
29 Posts
I live in Seattle, where it rains most days of the year... I ride all year and have basically put this thing through a river of water (not literally)... but between extreme downpours and washing it after each rain to avoid build up, this thing is solid!

I would NEVER expect anyone to make an electric vehicle (let alone any other) that could not handle a GOOD amount of water direct to it... especially if you could get electrocuted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts