Livewire Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Harley Davidson recently gave the media a first look at the almost production version of the upcoming Livewire. It looks like there have been a bunch of changes since the early concepts that we last saw. I think it looks fantastic and would be more than happy if this is what comes to market. They didn't mention any specifics in terms of performance, but they did announce that up to five more EV's will launch by 2022.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I know the original version weighed in close to 500LBS and I always thought they could have done better considering other innovations that could be included.
In a straight line that weight won't matter so much but throwing it around, you will feel it. Did they mention any changes to weight??

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Harley Davidson remains very tight lipped around the performance specs of the Livewire, because I don't think they want to outline any figures that they wont be able to deliver on. I don't think there will be any handling issues as a result of weight, so long as they keep it as low on the bike as possible.

·
Registered
199 Posts
if it ends up being one of the only downsides then owners will easily over look it and often motorcycle buyers are more knowledgeable on what they're buying.

I bet if HD was targeting a lower segment an electric bike wouldn't be an easy sell.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Love how its currently looking in its development stage, great job finding these pictures. This is a big step forward for the brand in terms of design and I think realistically the most we can hope for in terms of range is around 100 miles.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Love how its currently looking in its development stage, great job finding these pictures. This is a big step forward for the brand in terms of design and I think realistically the most we can hope for in terms of range is around 100 miles.
I still think they could have done more to give it more premium edge, like giving us a single side swing arm and other features you see from brands like Ducati.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is a brand new platform and we have no idea what limitations there might be on something that has electric propulsion. Single sided swing arms are also typically heavier, and that's not something the Livewire can afford at this point.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well lucky for Harley, this all new Livewire is a middle weight bike and the middle weight segments have been the most lucrative and will continue to be.
Bike makers are continuing to push hard, to a point some might say they're flooding the market, that should give Harley more reasons to offer more here.

·
Registered
66 Posts
They need to prioritize nailing down the powertrain before they can start to look at playing around with the suspension set up. Down the line it would be great if they could find a way to recuperate some energy from it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Happy to have found some official photos of the Livewire right from Harley and not just from journalists, have a look:

[imghttps://images.carscoops.com/2018/11/d773b26b-harley-davidson-livewire-30-300x163.jpg][/img]

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bike is looking fantastic, just want to hear more details in regards to its specs. HD is probably going to remain pretty tight lipped about it until they can determine realistic figures.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Same here, the biggest thing i'm after right now is how this tech spawns off into other models above and below it because there's no way that was missed in the LW's R&D process.

·
Registered
66 Posts
200 miles is probably the range that they are trying to deliver on for the production model. I think anything less than that is going to be barrier to entry, especially from current HD owners.

·
Registered
199 Posts
So, I saw a white HD Street 750 over the weekend and couldn't be more impressed with how well it suits an HD styled bike. On the livewire it could go over well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts