Livewire Forums banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thank you,

The following is intended to be purely humorous.

The owner of: 035 // 500 (medallion pictured above), is if I remember correctly the sales manager’s at the H-D dealership in my area, he said: “there is no way to get a replacement.” Never say never, and it would do no harm to make a request for a replacement (what the Heck guys are supposed to be immune to rejection, that’s what we do, we get rejected and what’s one more rejection in a long line of rejections), but I believe he is correct. It would probably be more likely that one day I might wake up, fire up the Livewire and ride it (the way I like to ride; briskly, very briskly) 300 miles on a single charge. It seems those at H-D, HQ couldn’t care less about anything that doesn’t increase their bottom line, let alone a medallion for a bike not owned by the original owner and a model no longer offered at H-D dealerships.
It’s kind of like trying to get help with a Buell at a
H-D dealership.
I’m not disrespecting you in anyway, I’m just expressing the frustration of dealing with H-D’s orphans.
I don’t know, if you know of the history between Erik Buell and H-D, but I would like to ask Mr. Buell what he thinks the chances of obtaining a replacement medallion from H-D might be. I can imagine his response: "You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do you, punk?"

(Not sure if I need to add this, but just in case, the above is a quote from the film: Dirty Harry)

·
Registered
165 Posts
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Dirty Harry in 'Magnum Force'

Yeah, it's a shame H-D HQ decided to orphan the LW so ruthlessly. In my own country, H-D HQ is not even offering / allowing H-D dealerships to stock and sell the LiveWire One, apparently.

Well, I've dated orphans before and compared to my late teens and early twenties, this orphan is more fun and overall cheaper because...

1. You can ride your motorcycle longer and farther.
2. Your motorcycle won’t get pregnant.
3. You can ride a motorcycle any time of the month.
4. The whine you hear is low-key and just right for every riding occasion.
5. You can turn your motorcycle on whenever you like, with the flick of a switch.
6. Your motorcycle doesn't care how many other motorcycles you have ridden, or have in the shed.
7. When riding, you and your motorcycle both arrive at the same time.
8. Your motorcycle doesn't mind if you look at other motorcycles, or if you buy motorcycle magazines.
9. If you say bad things to your motorcycle, you don’t have to apologize before you can ride it again.
10. If your motorcycle doesn’t look as good as it used to, you can paint it or replace the parts.

(Shamelessly stolen and adapted from elsewhere :) )

·
Registered
15 Posts
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Dirty Harry in 'Magnum Force'

Yeah, it's a shame H-D HQ decided to orphan the LW so ruthlessly. In my own country, H-D HQ is not even offering / allowing H-D dealerships to stock and sell the LiveWire One, apparently.

Well, I've dated orphans before and compared to my late teens and early twenties, this orphan is more fun and overall cheaper because...

1. You can ride your motorcycle longer and farther.
2. Your motorcycle won’t get pregnant.
3. You can ride a motorcycle any time of the month.
4. The whine you hear is low-key and just right for every riding occasion.
5. You can turn your motorcycle on whenever you like, with the flick of a switch.
6. Your motorcycle doesn't care how many other motorcycles you have ridden, or have in the shed.
7. When riding, you and your motorcycle both arrive at the same time.
8. Your motorcycle doesn't mind if you look at other motorcycles, or if you buy motorcycle magazines.
9. If you say bad things to your motorcycle, you don’t have to apologize before you can ride it again.
10. If your motorcycle doesn’t look as good as it used to, you can paint it or replace the parts.

(Shamelessly stolen and adapted from elsewhere :) )

41 - 44 of 44 Posts