Livewire Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey mates,
So I recently bought the official HD Livewire Frame Sliders/Protectors and to my shock and horror they arrived and the official instructions have me attaching these things to the bike with double sided tape. I like the part and think their solid, but I can't see how these heavy pieces will hang on through all elements and time with some 3m tape. I expected a bolt. I wonder if it's worth adding some type of epoxy?
Anyone buy these and have any insights?
I guess I'm worried my $200 official ELW upgrade is going to eventually fly off, or when needed, only be affixed with tape. Any ideas would be appreciated.
I have a little over 14,000 miles on my Livewire 175//500 (December 2019) with the Harley-Davidson frame sliders on it from the beginning,… and yes I was very skeptical at first but I have to say the bike fell over twice and I was sure glad they were there both times with no signs of any damage to the bike and the sliders are still securely attached holding on with the original tape.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.