Livewire Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
On further looking it looks like at least the lowers will be wrong. Any one taken the front fairing off? Is it just a cover or are there things attached to it inside. Seems like that givi might fully replace it. I think it blocks the lower attachment point without much longer stays. Which my mechanic might be able to fabricate.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I thought I saw some potential windscreen options somewhere here before I joined but I can't find it. I definitely want to put something on to reduce drag at high speed. I can't seem to find the thread of what might work and work with the aesthetics of the LW.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I think on facebook way back they had some nice smaller ones as well. I am not sure how it will look. I think it will just look more like a naked bike with this big one. Hopefully have it this weekend for my first long ride to checkout the range.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I decided to go with the Givi 5022 in dark smoke. I have it on another bike where it works pretty well without destroying the lines of the bike. Some of the other screens were just too big and while might help with protection, my concern is with 2 handlebar mounting points they might not survive at high speeds.

Not to mention the oscillations they can induce. My experience has been the bigger they are, the better it would be to have them frame-mounted. A big screen can be like a big sail and exert a lot of force on the bars. I have been spending a lot of my time 70+, I'll go with the smaller Puig to reduce the handling impact. I speed tested it on another bike up into the triple digits and faster than the LW can go so I feel pretty safe with it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well attempted install today. Without the stock wind screen and with a larger clamp it might work but the plastic bits the hose clamp runs through is designed for much smaller fork tubes. So I have a new theory that I could use a second attachment kit and only use half of both kits to go with both clamps to the bars. This would work with the stock cowl. Also without the stock cowl I think I will get a lot of light bleed up the wind screen. So I am considering ordering another set of connectors. Also Could just ship it back.

·
Registered
114 Posts
A lot depends on the style of the screen. Some are meant to be more vertical. Tradeoff is better coverage but more wind resistance. Regardless most screens are more aerodynamic than your body.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I did the small Puig and just installed it tonight. I spent some time adjusting it but it is working pretty well. Too dark to take picks but I'll post some tomorrow. Definitely worth the $100 or so I paid for it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So I am keeping it. AF 49 plus an additional install kit. So up over 400 now. Isn't quite stage l straight and need to cut the extra off the supports but for commuting and utility from a standard set of parts. Not bad.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts