Livewire Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can not pair with the H-D connect app on my Iphone 11 pro.
Ive spoken to my dealer and CS at HD USA who checked the bikes records etc and walked me through the app & pairing sequence without any luck.
Ive tried with BT switched off, unpaired and paired, wifi on & off & even taken the bike to an area with full cellular signal. It goes through the pairing sequence then the 5 minute count down, then fails every time.

My dealer says the bikes software was updated (version 02.02.00-02)

Please can you help?

·
Registered
2022 Liquid Black LiveWire One
31 Posts
I had similar issues with the livewire app and called the CS number 4 times trying to remedy it. What they told me didn't quite add up but they pushed an app update and magically it worked.

The only other idea I have is to try a different model phone. That won't fix the issue but at least you'll know if it's the phone.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had similar issues with the livewire app and called the CS number 4 times trying to remedy it. What they told me didn't quite add up but they pushed an app update and magically it worked.

The only other idea I have is to try a different model phone. That won't fix the issue but at least you'll know if it's the phone.
Thanks DHN, much appreciated. Just tried different model Iphone & still no joy. I spoke to CS who asked about phone type & said theyd email - haven’t heard back yet. Ill take your advice and keep at them.
Thanks again

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
158 Posts
If I enter the serial number of my LW1 in HD Connect, the app comes back and tells me I have a Livewire and should use Livewire Connect. It will not let me enter a Livewire motorcycle in HD Connect. So I would not be able to try to activate my LW1 using HD Connect.

Separately, I have not been able to activate my LW1 using Livewire Connect on an iphone 11, an iphone 13, or a Samsung S22 Ultra. The activation runs 5 minutes using the iphones but does not complete. The activation sequence will not begin using the S22 Ultra - the app glitches.

·
Registered
31 Posts
For what it's worth, my experience is you just have to call the customer support line and keep on them. It took me 2 weeks and at least 4 calls to get my LW1 activated, and they had to push an app update.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I enter the serial number of my LW1 in HD Connect, the app comes back and tells me I have a Livewire and should use Livewire Connect. It will not let me enter a Livewire motorcycle in HD Connect. So I would not be able to try to activate my LW1 using HD Connect.

Separately, I have not been able to activate my LW1 using Livewire Connect on an iphone 11, an iphone 13, or a Samsung S22 Ultra. The activation runs 5 minutes using the iphones but does not complete. The activation sequence will not begin using the S22 Ultra - the app glitches.
I cant even find a Livewire app! Perhaps its a UK thing as the Livewire 1 isn’t available here yet. My LW is deffo a HD version tho. Most frustrating because I read good reports…. When it works.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For what it's worth, my experience is you just have to call the customer support line and keep on them. It took me 2 weeks and at least 4 calls to get my LW1 activated, and they had to push an app update.
Thanks again DHN, I certainly will. Im guessing that the ‘pushed app update’ was on the main app and not a ‘special’ for you?

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
158 Posts
I was on the phone with Milwaukee for an hour the other night.

End result is the last Livewire Connect update helped some users, but the android app will likely need another update to be able to manage Samsung S22 Ultra.

And at this point, they are thinking I have a TCU problem since the Apple version of the app is not working for me either.

We will see. I'll ride it for a bit and try the Apple and Android apps a few more times, before I head to the dealer for a TCU replacement.

Still though - I am using Livewire Connect, not HD Connect and on an LW1.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Syd - it wasn't something special for me (any more than me continuing to call), it was an app update to the livewire through Google play (link to the app below). There's a haze between HD and LW that I won't even pretend to be able to explain. What year and color is your bike?

Phaedrus - Sorry to hear it's a bigger issue, hopefully they take good care of you, and hopefully the ride will distract you from the headache!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Syd - it wasn't something special for me (any more than me continuing to call), it was an app update to the livewire through Google play (link to the app below). There's a haze between HD and LW that I won't even pretend to be able to explain. What year and color is your bike?

Bikes a black HD - dealer said 21 , HD said 20 model but zero miles etc …. Not many selling in the UK. Absolutely love it! Had every IC bike over the years but this is brilliant & great fun. Just anoying about the app but as you say doesnt detract from what a great ride it is

Phaedrus - Sorry to hear it's a bigger issue, hopefully they take good care of you, and hopefully the ride will distract you from the headache!
Bikes a black HD - dealer said 21 , HD said 20 model but zero miles etc …. Not many selling in the UK. Absolutely love it! Had every IC bike over the years but this is brilliant & great fun. Just anoying about the app but as you say doesnt detract from what a great ride it is

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Hi again DHN,
Sorry to bug you again but could you explain what the BT connection actually does? Would I be right in thinking its simply for music / helmet connection? I see loads of peeps struggling with their BT connection but few with my issue of not being able to activate / pair the HD app to the bike. I’ve disconnected BT, swapped iphones, sim cards, de activated account etc etc and every time it wont activate BUT every time the BT connects seamlessly. Im guessing when the app works you can mirror the phones nav etc to bike screen & look at things like charge, bike location etc on phone / away from bike? Again sorry to ask dumb questions. Syd

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Syd,

You're not bothering me, someone wants to talk about livewire, I'm in! But take my info with a grain of salt because I'm still figuring it out.

I thought you would have to have the bike "activated" in order to connect to it via bluetooth because I have have the app open (android Note8) to connect. But that wasn't your question.

From what I've played with, connecting BT just lets you interface your music and/or navigation, and use the bottom left joystick (I'm sure it has a real name) on the left handlebar. I have not connected it to my helmet but I'm so disappointed in my UClear/ClearLink I wouldn't bother. My only troubleshooting suggestion for BT pairing is make sure you open the app.

I think activating the bike lets you remotely check the bike location and charge/charging status, and stolen bike features (location sharing). If you can't activate the bike my only suggestion is to keep calling the customer support number until they get sick enough of hearing from you to fix the issue.

Hopefully that's helpful!

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
158 Posts
Hi again DHN,
Sorry to bug you again but could you explain what the BT connection actually does? Would I be right in thinking its simply for music / helmet connection? I see loads of peeps struggling with their BT connection but few with my issue of not being able to activate / pair the HD app to the bike. I’ve disconnected BT, swapped iphones, sim cards, de activated account etc etc and every time it wont activate BUT every time the BT connects seamlessly. Im guessing when the app works you can mirror the phones nav etc to bike screen & look at things like charge, bike location etc on phone / away from bike? Again sorry to ask dumb questions. Syd
For activation, the bike connects to the cloud via its own cell phone link. The cell phone talks to the cloud through the app. And, HD/Livewire in Milwaukee matches the account on the app, and the bike.

It's worth calling the Livewire tech desk, and asking them to check if they've ever seen your TCU connect to them. If not, you could have a bad TCU and the bike will never activate. Alternately, if the app won't run on your phone, the bike won't activate.

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
158 Posts
Phaedrus, did you get your TCU problem resolved? I don't suppose it magically started working for you?
I am not that lucky! :)

I take it to the dealer tomorrow. Livewire sent them a replacement TCU.

Hopefully it will be as simple as the dealer swapping TCUs, the new one will be good and dial and connect to Milwaukee, and my bike will activate.

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
158 Posts
Sorry to hear its been such a hassle but here's hoping the replacement goes off without a hitch!
I am now good to go. But I have a 2022 LV1.

The word from Livewire is that Harley ELWs need to use the HD-Connect app

Livewire EV, LV1s need to use the Livewire Connect app.

Same procedures for both, but the 2022 LV1 is supposedly US only, so the Livewire Connect app is only available to the US market.

·
Registered
238 Posts
This was buggy for me here in Portland Or as well. Tried a bunch of times at a cafe on the ride home. Oddly it failed every time but then I was getting security warnings on the alarm arming. I tried again this morning same. Got home and called support. Then it was already connected! So the first failures were partial connections. The second failure was actually a success but the support person said that sometimes it takes quite awhile for it to propagate through the cloud... Livewire if you are listening please at least tell us it is in process clearly and let us continue. Very bad UI.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts