Livewire Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
was trying to install my handlebar risers to move them back a bit and to my surprise, the handlebar wire harness is VERY short, has about 3/4 of an inch spare length. Has anyone found a way to get some more slack? Is it just squeezed by the headlamp assembly?
Phil

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi Guys,
was trying to install my handlebar risers to move them back a bit and to my surprise, the handlebar wire harness is VERY short, has about 3/4 of an inch spare length. Has anyone found a way to get some more slack? Is it just squeezed by the headlamp assembly?
Phil
There is a zip tie that is holding down the wire harness you should be able to clip release and it should give you a bit more slack

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, the ones I got which are a copy of rox risers don’t fit as the exterior lobe conflicts with th triple clamp… the handlebar receiver is so close to the plate that the riser does not fit at all :-( we need the ones which bolt straight in place rather than the extensions like Rox Risers which are held by the stock clamps :-(

·
Registered
17 Posts
I need to go to the Harley store for a tankbag and I will look if other model risers could fit. Maybe the Sportster line...
Dealer had no solution for me. They said the dash wiring is too short but in my opinion, I think we should be able to install 0.5 or 1in risers. I will visit a BMW or Triumph (Bonneville?) as they might have something compatible.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Dealer had no solution for me. They said the dash wiring is too short but in my opinion, I think we should be able to install 0.5 or 1in risers. I will visit a BMW or Triumph (Bonneville?) as they might have something compatible.
Hi check this video out

It may help you with these risers

Diego

·
Registered
17 Posts
I installed 1in risers but was not fully satisfied with them. I finally changed them to these ones and it's more comfortable. I used only the bottom portion. I think also they dont pull as much on the wiring. They aren't perfect because I had to use a steel file on the holes of the screen base, as the holes weren't aligned properly, but it was not too bad to do. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08NT2DHL2/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_image_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
341 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts