Livewire Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although HD and Ford ended this partnership a few years back, huge interest in a concept model that appeared at a 115 year anniversary celebration has brought the two manufacturers back together. The new truck will debut at the 2019 Chicago Auto Show and will go on sale directly through Ford dealerships. Pricing starts from $84,995 before options...
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2019-ford-f-150-harley-davidson-chicago-auto-show/

·
Registered
60 Posts
That is an absurd starting price for a pickup with no options. I get that its a collectors piece, but is the bespoke badging and trimming really worth that?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Resale value on these trucks has been really high on older models, so people are still looking for them. At least sales of these trucks will bring some extra cash flow to HD. This partnership paid off for them in years prior.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will be more beneficial to Harley than Ford as they have had no issues moving F150's over the past few years. I know they are also currently developing an electric variant of some kind.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I was hoping this would die off with the old stock Harley demographic leaving the game.
Ford should focus more on Ford specific packages instead.

·
Registered
60 Posts
An electric F150 is going to have a really tough time with some of the new contenders that I've been seeing. While they are relatively new companies both Rivian and Atlis have some incredible EV concept trucks.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I heard that GM already worked in carbon fiber body parts which is a big move for such a heavy segment.
Ford doesn't seem interested in that route to improve pickups.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just wanted to note that these new HD F150's are not being upgraded directly from Ford. It will be Tuscany Motor Co that's based in Indiana that will be responsible for building these new officially licensed models. There are more than 70 new proprietary parts on this truck.

·
Registered
199 Posts
crazy to see how far customized pick ups have come over the years
I remember when it was only dealers doing these upgrades till it got picked up by the manufacture

·
Registered
39 Posts
More and more automakers are beginning to directly offer in-house tuning packages for their vehicles, still covered under a factory warranty. They've come to realize the kind of revenue they are missing out on, and it gives new owners a piece of mind that they wont have to worry about repairs or issues out of pocket.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I noticed that and am glad to see it because for too long we've been getting boring products that at the same time have unleashed potential. I guess what we see now is what happens after people have money to either buy or finance these. Without it would fall flat.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've never really understood the need to tune a pickup, unless you are trying to improve fuel economy. I've seen just how popular performance variants like the Raptor are, but something like that is unlikely to be used as an actual work truck. Not to mention the markups at dealerships.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I've never really understood the need to tune a pickup, unless you are trying to improve fuel economy. I've seen just how popular performance variants like the Raptor are, but something like that is unlikely to be used as an actual work truck. Not to mention the markups at dealerships.
It comes with any lifestyle product regardless what it is.
Ever since pickups have become more than just work vehicles, all these bells, whistles and pimping directly from the manufacture has become common.
On a broader scheme, culture of a nation reflects it. Spend time in any southern state and tell me people aren't passionate about their rigs.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Customization has become king in the marketplace and that's why there is such a huge disparity between entry level and top end models. To some spending $80k on a new pickup seems absurd, but when you look at F150 sales, there is clearly a demand for versions on both ends of the spectrum.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Do you guys think in the future we could see Harley partner up with Ford to sell electric products?
I think it would be a great outlet to sell electric Harley's in Ford/Lincoln dealers, freeing Harley from building out dedicated retail stores.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts