Livewire Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Harley-Davidson LiveWire vs. Zero SR/F: see which of these premium American electric motorcycles are better in this comparison.

SPOILER:
Neither bike is actually better than the other. Its just a personal choice, as electrek's verdict pointed out...

So what’s the verdict?
Like pretty much everything in the motorcycling world, this is very much a personal choice.

It’s hard for me to pick a winner because there are so many variables.

The SR/F is sportier, and therefore it is often more fun for aggressive riding, while the LiveWire is more comfortable and seems to meld with me more, physically and mentally.

The SR/F gives me faster Level 1 charging and more Level 2 charging options, while the LiveWire has slower Level 1 charging when it is not absolutely binging electrons at a DC Fast Charger.

The SR/F is significantly easier on the wallet at around $21,495, while the LiveWire charges a nearly 50% premium for nicer build quality, slightly better efficiency and more than slightly better acceleration. Oh, and a robust nationwide network of dealers and servicing, which should absolutely be factored into the price.

Zero SR/F vs Harley-Davidson LiveWire electric motorcycle

Ultimately, they’re both amazing bikes and I would be absolutely happy to keep either one in my garage. If I had all the money in the world, I’d buy the LiveWire. But I don’t — I live in the real world and can’t afford a bike that nice. The SR/F isn’t cheap by any means, but it is par for the course when it comes to high-power electric motorcycles and finds itself within the budget of many more riders than the LiveWire.

Either way, both bikes fill me with optimism for the direction of the electric motorcycle industry. They are positively amazing machines that offer thrills I’ve never felt on a gas bike. Now just imagine where we’ll be in a few more years as options expand and prices come down.

While Harley-Davidson surely isn’t going to dent Zero’s sales too much this year, H-D has a series of electric motorcycles in the works to be debuted by 2022, meaning the two companies could be competing head to head more than you’d think.

The future is undeniably bright for electric motorcycle riders everywhere!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts