Livewire Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Harley Davidson will be supporting a new electric motorcycle exhibit in partnership with the Motorcycle Arts Foundation. This is the worlds first exhibition that exclusively features electric motorcycles and will preview what many believe to be the future of the bike industry. There will be 21 different models on display at the Petersen Automotive Museum in LA and it opens on April 6th 2019. https://motorsportsnewswire.com/2019/03/27/harley-davidson-motorcycle-arts-foundation/

·
Registered
182 Posts
Having demos people can ride on a dyno style machine would be great because moving away from traditional V-Twin's, folks will be skeptical, so what better way to convert them than an actual ride? It happened before with early prototypes.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Everything seems to indicate that Harley is moving towards electrification with more than just the Livewire. Found it interesting that the article references 3 prototypes for HD including the Livewire. Anyone have ideas as to what the other two are?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm guessing that one of them might be the older Livewire concept, since it was much different when it first debuted back in 2015. Since they are currently developing electrically assisted bikes, they might have a road going model to showcase as well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know it was posted up elsewhere on here, but Harley had an electric motorcycle was back in the 70's, which will probably find its way into this exhibit. The technology sure has come a long way from those heavy lead acid batteries.

·
Registered
182 Posts
A half cut of that bike from the 70's would do well to educate the public as to how far the EV industry has come.

·
Registered
24 Posts
A half cut of that bike from the 70's would do well to educate the public as to how far the EV industry has come.
Things have changed so much since then that I doubt there would be anything to learn. Maybe 1/8 of it can be applied to today's tech.

Getting people involved like the Livewire dyno rides is a better educational experience that can make them future buyers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts