Livewire Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We know the Livewire prototypes cost $250,000 EACH, we know there are 39 prototypes... $9,750,000....Thats just into the prorotypes, who's telling what they have sunk into R&D and salary...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Wait. What?! Each of those bikes actually cost that much to manufacture? Are you serious!?

I wasn't expecting numbers like that. Looks like HD has a lot of work to do to make these bikes viable.

·
Registered
233 Posts
WTF where did you find out that they cost a 1/4 million each?
not that i'm doubting this but i would like to see a source.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WTF where did you find out that they cost a 1/4 million each?
not that i'm doubting this but i would like to see a source.
If Harley-Davidson is to be believed, the upcoming 30-city 'Project LiveWire'—10,000 public test rides on hand-made prototypes costing well over $250,000 each—is all an elaborate market research project. The Motor Company is only conducting the tour to get a general sense of the interest in electric motorcycles.
http://backmarker-bikewriter.blogspot.ca/2014/06/harley-davidsons-ev-announcement.html?m=0

Thats the personal blog of Mark Gardiner a contributor to Motorcycle USA

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just don't see how it would cost quite that much to make each Livewire. That is hella expensive. Other electric motorcycles don't cost that much to manufacture.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Not sure why either, i can see it costing a lot to hand make them but i could have never imagined this much, but it's what they reported.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts