Livewire Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that we've all had a good look at the Harley LiveWire (if you haven't, CLICK HERE for a full photo gallery), it's time to talk about it's design, color scheme, etc. Share your thoughts, opinions, and suggestions on it below!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm glad that the bike still looks strong. Having all those battery packs where the fuel tank would go makes it look just as big and powerful as other Harleys.

·
Registered
76 Posts
One of my favorite parts of the bike is the swingarm at the back. I just like the design of it and the way the lisence plate holder is put on there.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The swing arm is nice, just not something that wow's me as it looks like most swingarm's out there to me.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just like how the frame is very exoskeleton like. That is the case with other bikes too, but this one seems a touch more modern or even futuristic.

Another nice thing is that you won't even have to buy a fender eliminator kit for this bike since the plate isn't hanging off the back of the seat.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Best part of the whole bike is the flat topline. See how seat and tank are on the same level, thats a very attractive and classic look...

like so:

·
Registered
171 Posts
but shh don't call it a classic harley, according to traditonalists its not. This is from their aermacchi days

·
Registered
76 Posts
From Wikipedia:

Aermacchi was an Italian aircraft manufacturer. Formerly known as Aeronautica Macchi, the company was founded in 1912 by Giulio Macchi at Varese in north-western Lombardy. With a factory located on the shores of Lake Varese, the firm originally manufactured seaplanes.

After the Second World War, the company began producing motorcycles as a way to fill the post-war need for cheap, efficient transportation. In 1960, US business Harley Davidson motorcycles purchased 50% of Aermacchi's motorcycle division.

The remaining motorcycle holdings were sold in 1974 to AMF-Harley Davidson, with motorcycles continuing to be made at Varese. The business was sold to Cagiva in 1978.

·
Registered
76 Posts
What's in a name anyway? It is both meaningless and everything.

But Italian design has always been awesome. Harley could learn a thing or two from them though Harley tries to be American through and through.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
With italian names i could care less, they just sound good and that reason alone...i wouldn't care to know anymore.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts