Livewire Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I like this headlight design. The vertical strip of light is pretty cool. Interesting compared to some of the other headlights that are out there.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm kinda surprised they didn't just use this headlight set-up.

That seems to be top of the line from Harley-Davidson right now.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm kinda surprised they didn't just use this headlight set-up.

That seems to be top of the line from Harley-Davidson right now.
Why are you surprised they didn't use this?

I think what they used was suitable for the livewire, especially seeing how it's LED and uses less power, something you want on a machine that is only electric.

·
Registered
102 Posts
How do you know that it used less power? Is it just because it is LED?

I just thought it would make sense for Harley to use their top of the line headlight on the bike. If not on the concept, it seems like they could use it on a production model.

·
Registered
171 Posts
How do you know that it used less power? Is it just because it is LED?

I just thought it would make sense for Harley to use their top of the line headlight on the bike. If not on the concept, it seems like they could use it on a production model.
Well thats not necessarily logical, the higher cost of the headlamp adds to the MSRP of the bike. Plus Harelys are most known for their ridiculously expansive accessories catalog. They've NEVER offered the Daymaker LEDs as standrd equipment on their bikes, In fact I'm not sure if anyone anywhere has offered LED's standard.

Its the type of thing harley knows consumers are comfrotable paying for aftermarket, why ruin a good thing...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well thats not necessarily logical, the higher cost of the headlamp adds to the MSRP of the bike. Plus Harelys are most known for their ridiculously expansive accessories catalog. They've NEVER offered the Daymaker LEDs as standrd equipment on their bikes, In fact I'm not sure if anyone anywhere has offered LED's standard.

Its the type of thing harley knows consumers are comfrotable paying for aftermarket, why ruin a good thing...
^ what he said.

·
Registered
171 Posts
will be interesting to see how high quality the livewire will be vs the rest of the hrley lineup. Will it be a range topper?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hope it's good, it would suck for them to put in all this work into hyping it up and doing all they have done so far and whatever they plan to do in the future to end up with it being of poor quality.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think they will use good quality materials. Not the cheaper stuff they used on the Street (not that that is terrible or anything).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts