Livewire Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Harley will be detouring from their regular models, with three new concept bikes that were recently shown off. This is in an attempt to bring new customers to the brand, which will be necessary to keep them afloat. The three new bikes will be: a 1250cc Pan America adventure tourer, a 975cc streetfighter, and a 1250cc "custom" cruiser. All three of these concepts are rumored to be headed for production in 2020.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Harley is due for a rebirth into a premium American brand that can rival to the likes of Ducati all while attracting first time riders.
Offering the Livewire's powertrain in a few different models will be a good start, but an electric sport bike should be out of the cards, not something Harley does.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Great to see the brand finally diversifying, as they have always struggled to release products that appeal to a younger demographic. I don't think we'll be seeing any other electric models until the Livewire has proved itself as a successful new platform. I'm loving the looks of these new bikes however, a lot more modern looking.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is a step in the right direction, at least in terms of styling. We don't yet know what moving production overseas will do to their sales, because some may have issue buying into an American brand that isn't manufactured here.

·
Registered
200 Posts
This is a step in the right direction, at least in terms of styling. We don't yet know what moving production overseas will do to their sales, because some may have issue buying into an American brand that isn't manufactured here.
Demographics are shifting and its mostly older demo's that have dying buying power. They used to care about where products are built.
Younger demographics just want a good product for a good price... full stop.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I agree. New buyers could care less about the legacy of a given brand, and they are really just looking for the best bang for their buck. With naked and adv bikes being the more popular classes, this move from HD was an inevitable one.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I agree. New buyers could care less about the legacy of a given brand, and they are really just looking for the best bang for their buck. With naked and adv bikes being the more popular classes, this move from HD was an inevitable one.
Expansion into different markets that in turn influence the brands home market is also changing how they operate. India for example is a key market HD stepped into.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
New markets is great, and it could help them to establish a larger consumer base, but its really demographics where they need greater appeal. It will be vitally important to the companies future that young people take an interest in their new models.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts