Livewire Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda has shown off two new electric bike concepts at this years X Games in Aspen. There have been no specs released and neither of them have working concept names. They will likely sit at the lower end of Harley's spectrum in terms of price and will be the first of many new electric models joining their portfolio.

·
Registered
200 Posts
was there any mention of pricing because historically bikes that are spec'd and look the way these do are often expensive and super niche

·
Registered
60 Posts
Best guess is these are probably going to be a couple grand a piece. A lot of people in metropolitan areas seems to be shifting towards scooters, to the point where we are starting to see ride sharing services for them.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I guess that can work when you factor in the cost of all the other options you have at that point, just an entry-level car will run $15k USD brand new.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Cool looking concepts, but not something that will be of any interest to the average consumer. Harley really needs to start considering more budget friendly entry models that sit much lower on the spectrum.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Cool looking concepts, but not something that will be of any interest to the average consumer. Harley really needs to start considering more budget friendly entry models that sit much lower on the spectrum.
It will help them reach people they haven't already that have similar needs to actual riders.

At the same time this might be the gateway product needed to buy a motorcycle.

Great strategy if you ask me if i'm understanding it right.

·
Registered
66 Posts
There are already so many electric bike/scooter sharing services in most metropolitan areas, that I don't know if people will see the need to drop several grand on an electrically assisted bike. While these look much more premium and high tech, people are just trying to get from a to b as cheaply as possible.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The industry for e-bikes is huge in the UK right now, and other regions where congestion is horrible within in the city. It makes sense to spend this kind of money on a bike if its able to get you to work more conveniently than a car would. In Europe they have also been building up the infrastructure of bike lanes on most major routes.

·
Registered
200 Posts
There is a segment of people that have the money, don't need a car and want to use something that reduces their carbon footprint.
At the same time do it in a stylish way.
People who live in wealth downtown areas are prime candidates for this along with areas that attract similar demographics.

·
Registered
66 Posts
We wouldn't be seeing scooter sharing services growing in popularity, if there wasn't an interest in alternative transportation. As more established brands begin developing these kinds of products, the costs to customers should continue to decrease. Why buy if you can just rent whenever needed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts