Livewire Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
102 Posts
Taking delivery in 3 weeks now :) and the dealer is 4 hours away. I was thinking of riding between fast chargers but on one stretch I'd be trying for 170kms of highway (105 miles). Since I'm not exactly sleek and light... I doubt I'd make it.

Question: there is a longer way with closer-together chargers - but I'd be putting 3 fast charges into the battery in a row which I believe is not a good idea, right? Overnight home charging : fast charging in a 3:1 ratio is better, if I read this forum and other stuff online correctly? I'd rather be nice to the battery from the start as I hope it'll last me years.

Supplementary question: I can hire a motorcycle trailer. Has anyone trailered their LiveWire and if so would you be willing to share tips / pictures of where you tied it down? I'm guessing not the handlebars - was thinking soft loops around the front fork at the triple tree, and again around the rear wheel rim. Plus a wheel chock.

Thanks for any and all feedback / corrections.
I would ride it if I where you. Just plan for an extra stop or 2 to compensate for lack of knowledge of bike and how it runs with you and the environment you are in.

I will make a great adventure, trust me I know!

Diegoi

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.