Livewire Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Oldun,

U-Haul rents easy loading motorcycle trailers for Class III/IV hitches for less than $20/day. And with U-Haul, you have recourse if there are any issues. Given the distance you’re looking to transport your Livewire, it’s probably the best way to go.

For strapping, you can pull off the front cowling and strap to the handlebars just as Mac Mike mentioned. Adding to that, the U-Haul folks can walk you through how their dedicated motorcycle trailers work if you’re new to transporting bikes.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Oldun,
My bad missing that you're from New Zealand on the U-Haul suggestion. Duh. Regardless, New Zealand must be beautiful and an awesome place to ride a Livewire. I'm jealous! Just watch out for a little blue guy with a gold ring. He’s likely to try to trade you the ring for the Livewire.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I commute 16 miles each way daily, a mix of approximately 70% highway (65mph-75mph) and 30% city (whatever I can get away with safely), and I'm getting an average range around 90+ miles per charge. I can barely make three 32 mile round trips per charge, if I risk a third trip. It may be a mistake to think this, but it sure seems like my range went up switching to Sport mode. If so, I credit turning down sensitivity of the traction control and ABS, and upping the regen braking. Electronics (and batteries) in general tend to improve in cooler weather, and we're just getting out of the 80's-90's (F), so I remain optimistic I might see a 0.00001% improvement through the fall and winter.

Oldun, read your first ride review. I share your sentiments. I once drove a street legal racecar, and it was similar. You look where you want to go, and you're there, seemingly instantly. It's such a rush!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.